About Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions
NHS electronic prescription service ( E P S )
EPS is a new way to get your medicines and appliances. The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place from where you choose to get your medicines or appliances.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP, you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. To continue to receive your medicines from Weldricks Pharmacy you simply have to request that your GP sends your prescription to your chosen Weldricks Pharmacy Branch.Your future prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy for dispensing, saving you time.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescription medicines to be dispensed before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- don't want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription.
- collect your medicines from the same place most of the time.
- use a prescription collection service now.
No, if you:
- don't get prescriptions very often
- pick up your medicines from different places.
- Stay away from home a lot.
How can you use EPS?
The Electronic Prescription Service will be going live in this pharmacy over the next few weeks. To enable this pharmacy to supply your prescription medication please complete the consent form on page fve of this leaflet and hand it to a member of staff. (If you need any assistance our staff will gladly help you). We will then add your nomination. You don't need a computer to do this.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription
Yes you can. If you don't want your prescription to be sent electronically, tell your GP. It is your choice where your medicines are dispensed. If you want to change or cancel your nomination, speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS, or your GP practice. Tell them well before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
Is EPS reliable, secure and confidential?
Yes, your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now. Sometimes dispensers may see that you have nominated another dispenser. For example, if you forget who you have nominated and ask them to check, or if you have nominated more than one dispenser.
For more information about EPS click this link, your pharmacy, dispensing appliance contractor or GP practice.
Repeat Prescription Service
If you're taking repeatmedication prescribed by your GP, the Weldricks repeat prescription service can make your life a lot easier. It's quick and easy to set up - and free.
Simply fill in our registration form in branch and we'll make sure your medicines are always ready for you to collect when you need them from your nearest Weldricks Pharmacy. No messing about with repeat slips and visit to the GP - just a convenient service thats tailored to you.
Simply Telephone your friendly local Weldricks Pharmacy when you need your prescription and we'll contact your GP, pick up the prescription an ensure that our medicines are ready when you need them. And furthermore, our system keeps you in control of ordering the only medicines you need.
Find your nearest pharmacy:
Looking for a service?
Inhaler Recycling is available at the following pharmacies
- Armthorpe White House Farm
- Cantley St Wilfrids Court
- Cantley Goodison Boulevard
- Armthorpe Parade
- Barnby Dun
- Conisbrough Church Street
- Beckett Road
- Cantley Everingham Road
- Conisbrough Gardens Lane
- East Laith Gate
- Edlington Martinwells Centre
- Kirk Sandall
- Stainforth Station Road
- Stainforth Field Road
- The Flying Scotsman Centre
- Thorne Fieldside
- Thorne Finkle Street
- Woodlands Princess Street
- Woodlands Woodside View
- Edlington Lane