Join our team for your Foundation Training Year
Placements available for August 2023 start
Weldricks is a family-owned business with 59 branches located throughout South Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. We have a long history of providing high quality and comprehensive pre-registration training with a 100 per cent pass rate in June 2019, March and July 2021, with placements available across the South Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire area.
What to expect from our Foundation training
The Weldricks Pharmacy Foundation programme supports you throughout your Foundation Training year. We provide:
- One hour protected study time each day.
- RPS and GPhC fees paid.
- At least 18 study days, at our training room in the centre of Doncaster, that complement your day- to-day learning with your Designated Supervisor in branch.
- Study days will be run by our Foundation Lead Babir Malik and will include calculations, clinical case studies, BNF, law and OTC quizzes.
- Guest speakers at the study days.
- A focus on revision and preparation as you get closer to your registration assessment, along with a Green Light Campus mock exam.
- A hospital cross sector placement.
- A general practice cross sector placement.
- First Aid course.
- A recently qualified pharmacist as a mentor as well as having a Designated Supervisor.
- Opportunity to spend time in other branches to experience a wide variety of services including our internet pharmacy.
- Access to lots of resources.
- Vaccination training if you stay with us a qualified pharmacist.
We want enthusiastic, well-motivated students to work with to get the most out of your Foundation Training year and to help you prepare to start practice as a pharmacist and beyond.
What our Trainee Pharmacists have to say:
“Hello, my name is Emily and I started my Foundation with Weldricks in 2021. I have worked for Weldricks since the start of my MPharm degree and there was no doubt in my mind this is where I wanted to do my training year, the company has such a tight-knit feel and I have felt so supported on my journey already even as a Saturday assistant. The year has the opportunity for multiple cross-sector placements in both hospital and general practice as well as being able to see other branches in the company as they have such a variety. Weldricks also provide one hour of protected study time per day which was so important to me, having this and regular study days with the other trainees means I know I will be supported every step of the way”
We also welcome applications from overseas pharmacists who have the right to work in the UK. Please note that currently we do not accept Tier 2 Visa applicants.
How can you apply?
We offer two routes to join us as a trainee pharmacist:
- Direct application – we keep a few Foundation places available across the company each year for students who wish to apply to us directly. You will need to complete an online application form and attend an interview with the Foundation Lead at our Branch Service Centre in Doncaster or via Zoom. This route will suit students who would prefer the confidence of having a guaranteed Foundation placement without the uncertainty of applying through Oriel.
- Oriel – we do also offer 9 Foundation placements each year through the Oriel pharmacy recruitment scheme.
- One is a split Foundation placement with New Hall prison in Wakefield and one of our pharmacies in Barnsley.
- One is a split Foundation placement with Barnsley PCN and one of our pharmacies in Barnsley.
- One is a split Foundation placement with Doncaster CCG and one of our pharmacies in Doncaster.
- One is a split Foundation placement with Sheffield CCG and one of our pharmacies in Sheffield.
- The remaining five are 12 month placements.