Benylin Dry Coughs Blackcurrant 150ml
Benylin Dry Coughs Blackcurrant 150ml
Due to the nature of this medication the quantity is limited to FOUR bottles. If more than four is required please contact the pharmacy team and they will assess your requirements – https://www.weldricks.co.uk/customer-care (select Online medicine advice from the dropdown menu)
Benylin Dry Coughs Original is used to help relieve dry, irritating coughs.
The liquid contains:
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride which is an antihistamine that helps relieve coughing and dry secretions in the nose and chest.
- Dextromethorphan hydrobromide which is an antitussive to help stop coughing.
- Levomenthol which helps you breathe more easily by relieving congestion.
For oral use only.
Do not take more than the stated dose shown.
Do not give to children under 12 years old.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Take two 5ml spoonfuls four times a day.
This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you suffer from lung disease.
- If you have prostate problems. (Difficulty with passing water or needing to pass water often).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- For children under 12 years old.
If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Dry Coughs Original.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you are taking alcohol.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Talk to your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including:
- anticholinergic drugs e.g.
- antihistamines (drugs used to treat allergies).
- antidepressants (drugs to treat mood disorders).
- atropine (used to treat some eye conditions and occasionally bowel conditions).
- minor tranquillisers (drugs used to relax muscles or decrease anxiety).
- barbiturates (a kind of sleeping tablet).
If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
If any of the bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This medicine may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
Avoid alcoholic drink.
This medicine contains sodium benzoate, which can irritate the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
This medicine contains sucrose and liquid glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. Contains 3.5 g glucose per 5 ml. Contains 1 g sucrose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions.
This medicinal product contains 16.7 mg sodium per 5 ml. To be taken in consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet.
If anyone has too much contact a doctor or your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (Casualty) taking the leaflet and pack with you.
If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Mild effects which may occur include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision.
- Dry mouth, nose and throat.
- Upset stomach.
- Problems with passing water.
If you experience any side-effects not included in this leaflet or are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not store this product above 30ºC.
Store in the original container.
Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use your medicine after the date shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Sctive ingredients in 5 ml of Benylin Dry Coughs Original: 14 mg Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, 6.5 mg Dextro methorphan hydrobromide and 2 mg Levomenthol.
Other ingredients are: Liquid glucose, sucrose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), caramel (E150), raspberry flavour, carbomer, Ponceau 4R (E124) and water.