Canesten Solution 20ml
Canesten Solution 20ml
Canesten Solution is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete's foot, fungal intertrigo and fungal infections of the outer and middle ear.
The solution is particularly suitable for use on hairy skin. The active substance in Canesten Solution is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin and ear infections.
If Canesten Solution has been prescribed for you by your doctor, follow any instructions he/she may have given you. If you purchased this product without a prescription, follow these directions closely:
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the solution.
- For skin infections, Canesten Solution should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily.
- For ear infections, put 2 - 3 drops of Canesten Solution in the ear two or three times daily.
- The treatment should be continued for at least two weeks after the disappearance of all signs of infection, to prevent re-infection.
- If you have athlete's foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of your infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or the other ingredient of Canesten Solution, macrogol 400. Using other medicines: Canesten Solution and Sofradex drops may cause a heat reaction when used together. Consult your doctor before using these products together in the ear.
If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Solution. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
PLEASE READ ALL PRODUCT PACKAGING AND LABELS PRIOR TO USE.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
The active substance is clotrimazole at a strength of 1% w/v. The other ingredient is macrogol 400.