Elgydium Anti-plaque Toothpaste 75ml
Elgydium Anti-plaque Toothpaste 75ml
£2.59 Save: £0.91 RRP: £3.50
3 sold in the last hour!
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 125g (includes packaging)
**PLEASE NOTE: we are unable to send this product outside of the UK due to manufacturers licensing restrictions**
Elgydium Anti-Plaque Toothpaste is specially formulated for sensitive gums. Elgydium Anti-Plaque helps to prevent dental plaque and tartar build up, the major causes of tooth decay and gum disease such as gingivitis.
Everybody has dental plaque; however, plaque build-up can be avoided through regular, thorough brushing. The plaque fighting activity of Elgydium Anti-Plaque Toothpaste has been clinically proven. Used with one of the Elgydium toothbrushes, specially designed to dislodge dental plaque from the most inaccessible areas, Elgydium Anti Plaque Toothpaste assures effective plaque removal and prevention.
Elgydium Anti-Plaque Toothpaste contains the well-known and clinically proven antibacterial, chlorhexidine.
Chlorhexidine is an antibacterial ingredient which is proven to inhibit the harmful bacteria that cause and worsen gum disease.
The main benefits of using a toothpaste containing Chlorhexidine are:
- Chlorhexidine has a broad spectrum of activity and destroys both bacteria and fungi.
- Chlorhexidine offers both anti-plaque and anti-inflammatory properties and acts at a pH level close to neutrality.
- Chlorhexidine coats all areas of the mouth including tooth surfaces, gums, cheeks and other mouth tissue to ensure a long-lasting anti-plaque and antiseptic effect.
- Chlorhexidine has been shown to work for up to 8 hours.
Learning how to brush your teeth properly is the first step to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Plus, it helps minimise the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, the major causes of tooth loss.
Before You Begin
While there are several methods of brushing teeth with a manual toothbrush, always ask your dental professional for their recommendation and be sure to follow their instructions. To start, use fluoride toothpaste with a soft-bristle toothbrush, and don’t forget to replace it every three months.
Two Minutes, Twice a Day
To brush your teeth correctly, spend at least two minutes using a recommended technique, which includes 30 seconds brushing each section of your mouth (upper right, upper left, lower right and lower left), both morning and night. Since most manual toothbrushes don’t have built-in two-minute timers, you may want to have a clock handy so you can be sure you’re brushing long enough.
Positioning the Toothbrush
How you hold the toothbrush depends on which part of the tooth you’re brushing.
- Step 1: Start with outer and inner surfaces, and brush at a 45-degree angle in short, half-tooth-wide strokes against the gum line. Make sure you reach your back teeth.
- Step 2: Move on to chewing surfaces. Hold the brush flat and brush back and forth along these surfaces.
- Step 3: Once you get to the inside surfaces of your front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and use gentle up-and-down strokes with the tip of brush.
- Step 4: Be sure to brush gently along the gum line.
- Step 5: Brush your tongue in a back-to-front sweeping motion to remove food particles and help remove odour-causing bacteria to freshen your breath.
- Step 6: Try gently brushing the roof of your mouth for an extra-fresh feeling.
Now that you’ve learned proper brushing technique, a little discipline in practicing it every day will help make it feel like second nature. It’s one of the easiest things you can do to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
Do not swallow.
In case of intake of fluoride from other sources consult a dentist or doctor.
Sensitive teeth may indicate an underlying problem which needs prompt care by a dentist. See your dentist as soon as possible for advice.
Aque, calcium carbonate, glycerin, hydrated silica, sodium lauryl sulfate, aroma (flavour), cvhondrus crispus (carrageenan), Benzyl alcohol, cellulose gum, chlorhexidine digluconate, limonene, methylparaben, propylparaben, sodium saccharin, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).