Moviprep Sachets Pack of 4
MoviPrep is a lemon-flavoured laxative contained in four sachets. MoviPrep is commonly used to clean your bowels in preparation for a colonoscopy.
- This product is limited to 1 per order.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 100g (includes packaging)
MoviPrep is a lemon flavoured laxative contained in four sachets.
The pack of 4 contains two large sachets (‘Sachet A’) and two small sachets (‘Sachet B’). You need all these for one treatment.
MoviPrep is commonly used to clean your bowels so that they are ready for examination.
MoviPrep works by emptying the contents of your bowels, so you should expect to have watery bowel movements.
Moviprep is not suitable to treat Constipation.
Always take Moviprep exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any doubts.
How to take MoviPrep
1. Mix the first dose
At the time instructed by your doctor
- Empty 1 pouch A and 1 pouch B into the disposable container
- Add lukewarm drinking water to the top line of the container. Mix to dissolve
If preferred, mix solution ahead of time and refrigerate prior to drinking. The reconstituted solution should be used within 24 hours.
Some people also prefer to drink MoviPrep with a straw.
2. Drink the first dose
The MoviPrep container is divided by 4 marks. Every 15 minutes, drink the solution down to the next mark (approximately 8 oz), until the full liter is consumed
Drink 16 oz of the clear liquid of your choice. This is a necessary step to ensure adequate hydration and an effective prep
3. Repeat steps one and two with the second dose at the time instructed by your doctor
The importance of proper hydration
Drink clear liquids before, during, and after you take MoviPrep to help prevent fluid loss (dehydration). It is important for you to drink the additional prescribed amount of clear liquids listed in the Instructions for Use.
Acceptable liquids include:
- clear fruit juices without pulp including apple, white grape, or white cranberry
- strained limeade or lemonade
- coffee or tea (Do not use any dairy or non-dairy creamer.)
- clear broth
- clear soda
- gelatin (without added fruit or topping)
- popsicles (without pieces of fruit or fruit pulp)
Do not take Moviprep if you suspect or your doctor suspects:
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to macrogol 3350 or any of the other ingredients of MOVIPREP.
- you have an obstruction in your intestine (gut).
- you have a perforated gut wall.
- you have a disorder of stomach emptying.
- you have paralysis of the gut (often occurs after an operation to the abdomen).
- you suffer from phenylketonuria. This is an hereditary inability of the body to use a particular amino acid. MOVIPREP contains a source of phenylalanine.
- your body is unable to produce enough glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. • you have toxic megacolon (a severe complication of acute colitis).
Macrogol, polyethylene glycol, Sodium sulphate anhydrous, Sodium chloride, Potassium chloride, Ascorbic acid, Sodium ascorbate, Sodium, Chloride, Sulphate, Potassium, Ascorbate, Lemon flavouring (containing maltodextrin, citral, lemon oil, lime oil, xanthan gum, vitamin E), aspartame (E951) and acesulfame potassium (E950) as sweeteners.