Piriton Allergy Tablet 4mg
Piriton Allergy Tablet 4mg
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 2g (includes packaging)
Piriton Allergy Tablets are used to treat the allergic symptoms (runny or itchy nose with or without stuffiness) caused by hayfever and other allergies e.g. pet and house dust mite allergies. They relieve itchiness, redness, swelling, tenderness and irritation associated with many allergic skin problems. Piriton Allergy Tablets also relieves the itchy skin rash of chickenpox.
Piriton Allergy Tablets contain the active ingredient chlorphenamine. Chlorphenamine belongs to a group of drugs called antihistamines which help relieve the symptoms of some allergies and itchy skin rashes.
Piriton Allergy Tablets are suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and over and can be taken for the following:
hayfever and other allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies
nettle rash and hives
skin allergies and dermatitis
prickly heat and heat rash
allergic reactions to food, food additives or medicines
insect bites and stings
the itchy rash of chickenpox
What’s causing your allergy?
All of us are exposed to different potential allergies at different times of the day. For example, if you go out to work and show allergy symptoms during the working day then something in your work environment may be triggering your allergy. If your symptoms are worse at bedtime, then it could be house dust mites in and around your bedding that are the triggers.
Common allergy causing triggers:
House dust mites
For more information on what may be causing your allergy, please click on the link below.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged over 12 years: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give 1/2 tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not give more than 6 half tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 6 years of age: Not recommended.
If you (or someone else) swallow a lot of the tablets all together, or if you think a child has accidentally swallowed any of the tablets, contact your nearest hospital casualty department or your doctor immediately.
Do not drive if it is you who has taken too many tablets. Take these tablets with you so that the doctor can see what has been taken.
If you forget to take a tablet, take one as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time to take the next one. Never take two doses together. Take the remaining doses at the correct time.
Do not take these tablets if you:
- Are allergic to antihistamines or to any of the ingredients listed above.
- Have taken drugs for depression called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) within the last 14 days.
Please see your doctor before you take these tablets if you:
- Have epilepsy, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, an overactive thyroid, very high blood pressure, or heart, liver or lung disease.
- Are taking drugs to treat anxiety or to help you sleep.
- Are taking any medicine containing phenytoin for epilepsy.
Taking this medicine with food and drink:
- As with other antihistamines the effects of alcohol may be increased.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
- Medicines should not be used during pregnancy, or breast feeding, without seeking advice from a doctor.
Driving and using machines
- These tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision and loss of co-ordination. If you experience any of these effects do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of the tablets:
- This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
Piriton Allergy Tablets are round, yellow tablets engraved on one side with a P above the break line.
Each tablet contains the active ingredient: Chlorphenamine maleate 4 mg.
Other ingredients: Lactose, maize starch, yellow iron oxide (E172), magnesium stearate and water.