SMA Staydown Milk Powder 900g
SMA Staydown Milk Powder 900g
- This product is limited to 2 per order, if you wish to order more please contact the pharmacy team/customer services.
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 1155g (includes packaging)
Specially tailored formula fFor babies with significant reflux (regurgitation) and for babies who bring back their feeds
- Nutritionally complete
- Suitable as the sole source of nutrition from birth to 6 months
- Thickens in tummy not in bottle
- Contains natural corn (maize) starch which helps the feed settle more easily
Unlike other formulas, SMA Staydown should be made up with chilled water that has been previously boiled. (See Preparing the Feed)
SMA Staydown is also suitable for older infants and young children in conjunction with solid food.
SMA Staydown is suitable for both Halal and Vegetarian diets.
When should SMA Staydown be used?
SMA Staydown can be used from birth up until 18 months of age. However, all babies are individual, and the problem may stop around the time of weaning, in which case you can switch back to an infant formula, such as SMA First Infant Milk (Formerly SMA Gold). Or if your baby is over 6 months, you may choose a follow-on milk such as SMA Follow-on Milk (Formerly SMA Progress), which is specially formulated for older babies as part of a mixed weaning diet.
What is Staydown for?
SMA Staydown is for babies with significant reflux. It is a special nutritionally complete milk formula with the addition of an easily digestible pre-cooked corn starch. This helps the feed settle in baby’s tummy so there should be less episodes of sickness, or less feed being brought up. If there is no improvement after two weeks, you should consult your family doctor.
Why do you have to use chilled water; what about the 70 degree rule?
As SMA Staydown has a precooked corn starch added, it is not possible to make up Staydown with water at 70oC. The Department of Health is aware of this. It is recommended that it is made up using strict hygiene conditions, by practising good handwashing and sterilising techniques, the introduction of bacteria will then be minimised. It is recommended that if possible each feed is made up individually with refrigerated water when required.
My health visitor has recommended this milk; where can I purchase it?
SMA Staydown is available to you at your local pharmacy. If the product is not available on shelf, your pharmacist will be able to order it for you.
How do I give night time feeds of Staydown?
You can take the bottle of water out of the fridge before you go to bed and then add the powder to the water when the baby needs a feed. Feed at room temperature.
We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles, when required.
Always throw away unfinished feeds, for reasons of hygiene.
For older babies, made-up SMA LF can be added to food, and used in cooking. Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle. Do not warm feeds in a microwave oven as this may cause uneven heating and could scald your baby's mouth.
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil full kettle filled with fresh tap water. Important: The UK and Irish Governments recommend allowing the boiled water to cool to no less then 70°C. In practice, this means using water that has been left for less then 30 minutes of water (Carefully - the water is hot) into the sterilised bottle - see feeding table. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided in this can, add the correct number of scoops of powder to the bottle according to the feeding table, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
If advance preparation is necessary, consult your healthcare professional.
Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place.
Do not refrigerate.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave . Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Skimmed Milk Powder, Vegetable Oils, Lactose, Gelatinised Maize Starch, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), L-Cysteine, Vitamin C, Sodium Citrate, Inositol, Calcium Hydroxide, Taurine, Potassium Bicarbonate, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulphate, Nucleotides (Cytidine-5-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine- 5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate), Magnesium Chloride, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract and Ascorbyl Palmitate), L-Carnitine, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Copper Sulphate, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulphate, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12