Germoloids Suppositories Pack of 24
Germoloids Suppositories Pack of 24
£5.29 Save: £1.56 RRP: £6.85
2 sold in the last hour!
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 175g (includes packaging)
- Contains a local anaesthetic
- Provides fast cooling pain relief
- Relieves itching
- Helps shrink piles
- Eases bowel movement
- Suppositories deliver a measured dose of medicine at the site of irritation.
- Suitable for all sufferers (including during pregnancy and breastfeeding - See women & pregnancy section for more details)
- For internal and external use
WHAT ARE GERMOLOIDS® SUPPOSITORIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Haemorrhoids (also known as piles) are swollen or enlarged blood vessels, which can cause discomfort, itching and irritation, particularly after a bowel movement. They may be either internal (inside the anus) or external (outside the anus).
Germoloids Suppositories are used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani).
The suppositories contain two active substances, zinc oxide and lidocaine:
- Zinc oxide has astringent properties (causes contraction when applied to the skin), which help to shrink swelling. It also helps to soothe and protect the area around the anus from damage and has mild antiseptic properties.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which helps to soothe swelling, pain and irritation and relieve itching.
The suppository base acts as a lubricant and emollient to help the passing of stools and reduce straining during bowel movement which is bad for haemorrhoids.
There are many suitable products that effectively treat piles, however, because it contains a local anaesthetic, nothing is more effective than Germoloids.
Germoloids has a range of products available which treat the key symptoms of piles.
Follow the directions below carefully.
Wash your hands before and after using the suppository.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
The suppositories are only for use inside the anus.
- Gently clean and dry the area around the anus.
- Tear down on the notch of the blister packaging to remove one suppository from the strip.
- Peel the wrapping apart to remove the suppository.
- Insert the suppository into the anus (round end first).
Insert one suppository into the anus when you go to bed at night and one in the morning, preferably after abowel movement. If necessary the suppositories may be used at any time during the day, with a minimum of 3 to 4 hours between suppositories.
Do not use more than 4 suppositories in any 24 hour period.
Germoloids Suppositories are not recommended for children under the age of 12 years, unless they are used under the supervision of a doctor.
If you have any other questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The suppositories are for use in the anus only. Do not put the suppository in your mouth or swallow it. If the suppository is swallowed accidentally, tell your doctor straight away or contact your nearest Accident and Emergency Department.
This medicine must not be used if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to zinc oxide or lidocaine, or any of the other ingredients in the product.
Before using Germoloids Suppositories, see your doctor if you:
- Continually suffer from haemorrhoids or have severe haemorrhoids.
- Experience excessive bleeding.
You may use Germoloids Suppositories if you are pregnant or breast-feeding but as with all medicines at this time, you should discuss it with your doctor first.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
PLEASE READ ALL PRODUCT PACKAGING AND LABELS PRIOR TO USE.
The active substances are zinc oxide (283.5 mg) and lidocaine hydrochloride (13.2 mg).
The other ingredients are fat suppository base, methyl salicylate and glyceryl tristearate