Due to an unusually high number of orders being received dispatch times may be longer than stated. Please allow up to 10 working days for dispatch.
We are also experiencing a high volume of calls. Please use our contact us page to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
SMA Pro First Powder 800g
SMA Pro First Powder 800g
Weight: 1155g (includes packaging)
- Fat blend designed to more closely resemble that found in breast milk
- Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- Suitable for Halal
Breast milk is best for your baby, but if you can’t or choose not to breast feed, we recommend you use SMA First Infant Milk.
SMA First Infant Milk is scientifically formulated to meet your baby’s nutritional needs. The formulation is unique to SMA and is our recommended choice when baby is not breastfed or if used in combination with breastfeeding.
We have recently made some improvements to our nutritionally complete, whey dominant infant milk which now includes a new fat blend which is structured in a similar way to the fat found in breast milk. This is in addition to our protein profile, (with alpha-protein, a high quality protein abundant in breast milk) and Omega 3 & 6 LCPs.
Babies grow very fast in the first 6 months of life, usually doubling their birth weight, so getting the right amount of protein and other key nutrients is essential.
At SMA we are continually striving to improve our infant formula, acknowledging the importance of early nutrition and its impact on future health through scientific research & development.
Making it SMA's best breast milk substitute if you should chose to combination feed with breast milk or bottle-feed.
SMA First Infant Milk when baby is not being breastfed or to combination feed because:
- SMA First Infant Milk has a new fat profile that more closely resembles that found in breast milk, and may help produce a softer stool consistency, closer to that of a breastfed baby.
- SMA First Infant Milk has a close protein profile to breast milk.
- SMA First Infant Milk is a whey dominant milk enriched with Alpha-protein, a high quality protein abundant in breast milk.
- SMA First Infant Milk also has lower levels of beta-protein compared with other first infant milks. Beta-protein is not normally found in breast milk.
- SMA First Infant Milk contains Omega 3 and 6 as recommended by paediatric experts
- SMA First Infant Milk is clinically demonstrated to have a prebiotic effect
- SMA First Infant Milk is kind to babies immature kidneys
- SMA First Infant Milk contains nucleotides (a component found in DNA, beneficial for times of rapid growth) to support immune system development
- SMA First Infant Milk is suitable for Halal diets
We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles, when required.
Always throw away unfinished feeds, for reasons of hygiene.
For older babies, made-up SMA LF can be added to food, and used in cooking. Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle. Do not warm feeds in a microwave oven as this may cause uneven heating and could scald your baby's mouth.
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil full kettle filled with fresh tap water. Important: The UK and Irish Governments recommend allowing the boiled water to cool to no less then 70°C. In practice, this means using water that has been left for less then 30 minutes of water (Carefully - the water is hot) into the sterilised bottle - see feeding table. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided in this can, add the correct number of scoops of powder to the bottle according to the feeding table, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
If advance preparation is necessary, consult your healthcare professional.
Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place.
Do not refrigerate.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave . Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Lactose, vegetable oils, skimmed milk powder, whey protein concentrate, emulsifier (soya lecithin), sodium citrate, magnesium chloride, calcium carbonate, calcium chloride, potassium bicarbonate, potassium citrate, L-tryptophan, cytidine-5-monophosphate, L-carnitine, anti9oxidants, disodium uridine-5-monophasphate, pantothenic acid, disodium guanosine-5-monophosphate, disodium inosine-5-monophosphate, viatmin A, thiamin, copper sulphate, citamin B6, riboflavin, vitamin D, folic acid, manganese sulphate, potassium iodide, vitamin K, biotin, sodium selenite, vitamin B12.