Bazuka Gel 5g
Bazuka Gel 5g
£3.79 Save: £1.78 RRP: £5.57
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Bazuka Gel is a treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
• Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough ‘cauliflower-like’ appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred from one person to another.
• Corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands.
• Bazuka Gel is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
• The active ingredients in this product are salicylic acid and lactic acid.
• The active ingredients work by:
• softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board;
• they also help kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
To use the gel (adults, children and the elderly):
Follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on using the gel in this way until the wart, verruca, corn or callus disappears:
A. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
B. Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help stop the infection spreading to other people).
C. Taking care to avoid squeezing the tube, remove the protective green cap, leaving the white nozzle attached to the tube.
D. Carefully apply a thin coating (one or two drops) of the gel to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus only:
• avoid the gel spreading to the surrounding healthy skin;
• allow the gel to dry for a few minutes to form a small white patch that sticks to the treated area and is water resistant;
• there is no need to cover the treated area with a sticking plaster;
• always replace the protective green cap after use.
E. The next evening, carefully peel or pick off the white patch of dried gel from the wart, verruca, corn or callus:
• apply fresh gel as described above;
• if removal of the white patch is difficult, carefully re-apply the gel directly over it and leave it to dry. This will thicken the white patch and make it easier to remove.
F. Once every week, before applying fresh gel, gently rub the wart, verruca, corn or callus with the emery board provided, or a pumice stone:
• if you are treating a wart or verruca, do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone as the infection may spread to them.
G. The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart, verruca, corn or callus:
• some may go in a relatively short time;
• some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
• it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared
• if the wart, verruca, corn or callus has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
BEFORE YOU USE BAZUKA GEL
Do not use Bazuka Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid, lactic acid or any of the other ingredients of Bazuka Gel.
• Do not use the gel anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital (sex) area.
• Do not use the gel on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
• Do not use the gel if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
Take special care when using this product:
• If you are unsure whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus that is suitable for treatment with Bazuka, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
• Apply the gel carefully, to the wart, verruca, corn or callus only, by squeezing the tube very gently:
• take care not to apply the gel to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young children’s delicate skin, because this may cause irritation;
• do not apply excessive amounts of gel.
• Keep the gel away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and grazes.
• Avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions
• do not fold the tube because this may damage it and make it leak.
• The product is volatile and highly flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition sources (eg burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
• Avoid inhaling the vapour from the gel.
Using other medicines
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast-feeding. The ingredients have been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Bazuka Gel can cause side effects although not everybody gets them:
• While the gel is working you may feel a slight tingling sensation and/or some mild tenderness at the treated area. This is usually temporary, and in rare cases may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin.
• If you mistakenly allow the gel to spread onto and remain in contact with areas of normal skin it may cause irritation.
• If you spill the product on your clothes, fabrics, jewellery or metal and polished surfaces it may damage them permanently.
• Stop using this product and tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
• you experience unacceptable discomfort or if irritation persists, or;
• any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
What Bazuka Gel contains:
The active ingredients are salicylic acid (12.0% w/w) and lactic acid (4.0% w/w).
The other ingredients are camphor, pyroxylin, ethanol and ethyl acetate.