Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream is a highly concentrated barrier cream to lock in moisture and protect the skin
- For long-lasting comfort in sensitive areas, and protection against bodily fluids
- Helps prevent skin breakdown and keeps skin supple and intact
- Proven to reduce incontinence dermatitis
- Can be used with dressings and pads - allows tapes to stick and won't affect performance of material
- Hypoallergenic and ph-balanced.
When you have sore skin in a sensitive area, you need to moisturise it and protect it from further irritation. Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream provides long-lasting moisturisation for fragile skin, and forms a barrier on the skin to protect it from other bodily fluids.
The formula is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way - just a pea-sized amount should be sparingly applied to dry skin. You'll know if you have used too much, as your skin will feel oily. The cream is very long-lasting and is wash-resistant, so you do not have to reapply after every wash. What's more, you can apply adhesive dressings, tape or pads, and the cream will not prevent them from sticking, nor will it clog or cause the dressing material to break down. In some cases, the cream may actually increase the adhesion properties of a dressing or a pad, so apply with caution if your skin is very fragile.
Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream should not be used on infected areas of skin - for example, fungal infections. Please seek medical advice and the approval of your doctor before you begin using the cream.