This medicine is a herbal remedy traditionally used for the relief of the symptoms of nose and throat catarrh. Covonia Catarrh Relief Formula is an oral liquid containing extracts of boneset, blue flag, burdock root and hyssop herbs. Boneset and hyssop are specific anti-catarrh herbs.
Before you use this medicine
- Do not use the medicine if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients listed.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding? Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding. Covonia Catarrh Relief Formula should not be used in pregnancy unless the doctor has told you to do so.
Important information about some of the ingredients
- This medicinal product contains 11.5% vol ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 453mg per dose, equivalent to 12ml beer, or 5ml wine per 5ml dose. Harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. To be taken into account in children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
- This product contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- This product contains small amounts of dextrose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.