Germoloids Cream 55g
Germoloids Cream 55g
£5.29 Save: £1.20 RRP: £6.49
1 sold in the last hour!
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 55g (includes packaging)
Germoloids Cream is used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal and external haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani).
The cream contains two active substances, zinc oxide and lidocaine:
- Zinc oxide has astringent properties (causes contraction when applied to the skin), which help to shrink swelling. It also helps to soothe and protect the area around the anus from damage and has mild antiseptic properties.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which helps to soothe swelling, pain and irritation and relieve itching.
The cream base acts as an emollient to help the passing of stools and reduce straining during bowel movement which is bad for haemorrhoids.
There are many suitable products that effectively treat piles, however, because it contains a local anaesthetic, nothing is more effective than Germoloids.
Germoloids has a range of products available which treat the key symptoms of piles.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Before using the cream for the first time, check that the tube seal is not broken.
Remove the seal by peeling from the tag.
- For external haemorrhoids, apply the cream directly to the affected area.
- For internal haemorrhoids screw the applicator nozzle onto the tube and smear some of the cream on the outside of the nozzle to ease application. Carefully insert the applicator into the opening of the anus. Gently squeeze the tube whilst slowly withdrawing the nozzle so that the cream moves gently up the anus.
Replace the cap firmly after use. Always keep the tube of cream, cap and nozzle clean.
Apply the cream to the affected area at least twice a day with a minimum of 3 to 4 hours between applications. Further applications can be made at any time of the day, and are particularly recommended after a bowel movement. Do not use the cream more than 4 times in any 24 hour period.
Germoloids Cream is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years, unless it is used under the supervision of a doctor.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The cream is for use in and around the anus only. Do not put the cream in your mouth or swallow it. If some of the cream is swallowed accidentally, tell your doctor straight away or contact your nearest Accident and Emergency Department.
This medicine must not be used if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to zinc oxide or lidocaine, or any of the other ingredients in the product (see section 6, Further information).
Before using Germoloids Cream, see your doctor if you:
- Continually suffer from haemorrhoids or have severe haemorrhoids.
- Experience excessive bleeding.
You may use Germoloids Cream if you are pregnant or breast-feeding but as with all medicines at this time, you should discuss it with your doctor first.
The cream contains methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218) which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Zinc oxide (6.6% w/w) and lidocaine hydrochloride (0.7% w/w), emulsifying wax, white soft paraffin, methyl salicylate, methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), butyl hydroxybenzoate and water.