Canesten Thrush Internal Prefilled Applicator 10% 5g
Thrush or vaginal candidiasis are the general and medical terms used to describe a common vaginal yeast infection. Thrush occurs when there is an overgrowth of Candida albicans (yeast-like fungus) in your vagina. This occurs when the good bacteria in your vagina can’t keep the fungus (Candida albicans) under control, creating a suitable environment for Candida albicans to increase.
Just so you know, thrush is not a sexually transmitted infection. It can be really uncomfortable, but in the majority of cases it’s simple to treat.
Everyone is different, so your symptoms may differ from a friend’s. They may also change each time you get thrush, so watch out for these common symptoms and whether your symptoms are mild, moderate or more complicated.
Most people experience symptoms such as:
- An itchy vagina / vulva
- Soreness around the entrance to your vagina (vulva)
- Slight swelling of your vaginal lips (labia)
- Cottage cheese-like white discharge
These symptoms aren’t uncommon:
- Pain during sex
- Thick discharge
- Red and swollen labia
- Burning around your vulva
- Pain when you urinate
- Sores in your vaginal area
- Cracked skin around your vulva
Wash your hands before and after inserting the cream
Insert the contents of the pre-filled applicator into the vagina, preferably at night so that it can work while you sleep.
If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, consult your doctor.
Do not use Canesten Thrush Cream if you have previously had an allergic reaction to the active ingredient, clotrimazole. If you are unsure about this, ask your doctor.
See your doctor as soon as possible and do not use Canesten Thrush Cream if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood stained discharge
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain or difficulty in passing urine
- Fever or chills
- Feeling sick or vomitting
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
If you are unsure whether you have thrush, check with your doctor before using this product.
If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Thrush Cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, following his/her instructions carefully.
Before using the Canesten Thrust Cream you should see your doctor if:
- You have had more than 2 infections of thrush in the last 6 months
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease
- You are aged under 16 or over 60 years
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to Canesten or any other vaginal anti-fungal product
You should read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
Clotrimazole 500mg (10%), benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetostearyl alcohol, isopropyl myristrate, cetyl palmitate and purified water.