Dermamist Emollient Spray 250ml
Dermamist Emollient Spray 250ml
£8.90 Save: £1.84 RRP: £10.74
- Royal Mail carries a restriction of 2 aerosols maximum volume 500ml per package. Any order above this restricted quanitiy has to be shipped via UK mail who have limited delivery areas (more information).
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
** We are unable to ship aerosols outside of the UK **
Dermamist is an emollient which means it helps the skin retain moisture. It contains pure white soft paraffin in a pressurised aerosol spray. Dermamist is used for the treatment of dry skin conditions including:
• eczema (inflammation of the skin with redness, dryness and itching)
• pruritus of the elderly (itching and dryness associated with ageing skin)
• ichthyosis (dry, scaly skin).
Dry skin is caused by a lack of water in the outer layer of skin cells known as the stratum corneum (top layer of the skin). When this layer becomes dry it becomes cracked, scaly and sometimes itchy.
The white soft paraffin acts as an emollient when applied to the skin. The white soft paraffin forms an oily layer on the skin which helps prevent water from evaporating from the skin surface, especially when the skin is already moist after having a bath or shower.
Dermamist is for external use only. It should only be applied to the skin.
Shake the can well before use.
Adults, children and the elderly:
• bathe or shower for 10 minutes or less
• pat the skin dry
• apply Dermamist immediately. Hold the spray about 20 centimetres (8 inches) from the skin and while spraying move the can rapidly to give a very light coverage of the body
• for maximum benefit Dermamist should be applied after washing.
Do not overspray as this may make the skin feel oily.
Do not spray directly on the face; you can spray your hands and then apply Dermamist to the face. Do not smoke when using Dermamist.
Do not use Dermamist if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to white soft paraffin or any of the ingredients of Dermamist.
If the above applies to you, or if you are not sure, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you use Dermamist.
Take special care with Dermamist:
• Always use Dermamist where there is some fresh air, such as an open door or window. Do not breathe in the spray. Solvent abuse can kill instantly.
• Keep away from naked flames and change bedding and clothing regularly when using Dermamist as there is a fire hazard.
• Do not use Dermamist on broken skin, such as cuts and lesions from which blood, fluid or pus is oozing.
• If you accidentally spray Dermamist into your eyes, nose or mouth rinse well with warm water and let your doctor or pharmacist know if you feel any discomfort.
• Do not spray the area on which you are standing as it may make the surface slippery.
Dermamist may be used by patients who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
If you have used too much spray pat off the excess with a tissue.
If you forget to use Dermamist, do not worry, just continue as normal. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines Dermamist can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Side effects which may occur include: irritation, itch or rash.
If any of the side effects gets worse, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Pressurised container, extremely flammable. Protect from sunlight. Do not puncture, burn or expose to temperatures over 50ºC even when empty. Do not spray on a naked flame or anything which is very hot. Do not store above 25ºC.
Do not use after the expiry date printed on the base. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month after EXP.
Do not use Dermamist if you notice a change in the colour or feel of the spray.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist on how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.
The active ingredient in this medicine is soft white paraffin 10% w/w.
The other ingredients are liquid paraffin and fractionated coconut oil.
The aerosol propellant used is a mixture of butane, isobutane and propane.