Hypromellose Eye Drops 10ml
Hypromellose Eye Drops 10ml
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery service.
Brands may vary from the image shown. If you require a particular brand please contact a member of our customer service team on 0845 402 4409.
Hypromellose, is an artificial tear used to relieve dry eye conditions (eg. conditions associated with the use of VDUs and TVs, infrequent blinking, certain medical treatments, atmospheric pollution and drying atmospheres eg. air-conditioning, central heating, wind and sun.) It is also used to moisten hard contact lenses and to lubricate artificial eyes.
Always use Hypromellose exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dosage is one or two drops three times daily as needed, or as directed by your doctor.
If you are using in combination with another eye drop medicine, wait 5-15 minutes before applying the second eye drop.
- First wash your hands
- Avoid touching the eye (or any other surface) with the tip of the bottle
- This product contains benzalkonium chloride and should not be used if soft contact lenses are being worn. However if you wear soft contact lenses, they should be removed before using the eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting
- These drops are supplied as a sealed bottle with a spiked cap. When using the bottle for the first time, screw the cap down tightly in order to pierce the tip of the bottle
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling
- Pull the lower eyelid gently downwards
- Hold the bottle upside down above the eye and gently squeeze the bottle to release a drop into your eye
- Keep the affected eye closed and press your fingertip against the inside corner of the closed eye, and hold for 1 minute
- Repeat for the other eye if necessary
- Replace and tighten the cap immediately after use.
Do not use if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Hypromellose or any other ingredient of this medicine (see section 6. for more details).
Please tell your doctor if you:
- develop an eye infection during this treatment.
- are wearing contact lenses.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are applying any other type of eye drops or eye ointment before you start to use this medicine. Your medicine may affect their action and could alter their effect.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without any prescription.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicines.
Hypromellose should not be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding unless considered essential by your doctor.
Hypromellose may cause a temporary blurring of vision immediately after using the drops. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience any visual disturbance after using the product. Wait until this clears before driving or using machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Hypromellose Eye Drops: The eye drops contain benzalkonium chloride as preservative which may cause eye irritation. Avoid contact with soft contact lenses. Remove contact lenses before using the eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting. The preservative is known to discolour soft contact lenses.
The active ingredient is Hypromellose 0.3% w/v.
It also contains sodium chloride, potassium chloride, borax, boric acid, benzalkonium chloride (as a preservative) 0.01% w/v and purified water.