Movicol Liquid Orange Flavour 500ml
Movicol Liquid Orange Flavour 500ml
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
What Movicol Liquid, orange flavour is and what it is used for
The name of this medicine is Movicol Liquid Orange flavour concentrate for oral solution.
It is a laxative for the treatment of chronic constipation in adults, adolescents and elderly. It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Movicol Liquid Orange flavour helps you to have a comfortable bowel movement even if you have been constipated for a long time.
You must not use Movicol Liquid Orange flavour if you have a very bad constipation called faecal impaction.
This medicine can be taken at any time with or without food or drink.
How to take Movicol Liquid
- This product must be diluted before use. A dose of Movicol Liquid Orange flavour is 25 ml liquid diluted in 100 ml of water.
- Take this 1–3 times a day according to the severity of your constipation.
How to mix:
- Open the bottle and measure 25 ml or five 5 ml teaspoonfuls.
- Pour the liquid into a glass and then add 100ml (about half a glassful) of water. Stir well until all the liquid has been evenly mixed and the diluted Movicol Liquid Orange flavour solution is clear, then drink it.
- Please rinse the dosing cup after use and replace on the bottle.
- Treatment with Movicol Liquid Orange flavour usually lasts for about 2 weeks. If you need to take MOVICOL Liquid Orange flavour for longer,please see your doctor.
- If your constipation is caused by an illness such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis (MS), or if you take medicines that cause constipation your doctor may recommend that you take Movicol Liquid Orange flavour for longer than 2 weeks.
- Usually for long term treatment the dose can be lowered to either 1 or 2 doses a day.
If you take more Movicol Liquid Orange flavour than you should you may develop excessive diarrhoea, which can lead to dehydration. If this occurs, stop taking Movicol Liquid Orange flavour and drink plenty of fluids. If you are worried contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take Movicol Liquid Orange flavour take the dose as soon as you remember to take it.
Do not take Movicol Liquid Orange flavour if your doctor has told you that you:
- have a blockage in your intestine (gut obstruction, ileus)
- have a perforated gut wall
- have a severe inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease or toxic megacolon
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substances or any of the other ingredients of Movicol Liquid Orange flavour taking other medicines
Some medicines, e.g. anti-epileptics, (medicines for epilepsy) may not work as effectively during use with Movicol Liquid Orange flavour.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding talk to your doctor before taking Movicol Liquid Orange flavour.
Movicol Liquid Orange flavour does not affect your ability to drive or use machines.
This medicinal product contains ethyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate which may cause allergic reactions, possibly delayed.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Movicol Liquid Orange flavour can cause side effects although not everybody gets them.
If you have a serious allergic reaction which causes difficulty in breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, tell your doctor immediately and stop taking Movicol Liquid Orange flavour.
Other allergic reactions may occur which may cause a skin rash, reddening of the skin or a nettle rash, swollen hands, feet or ankles and headache.
Other side effects may also include indigestion, stomach ache or rumbles and high and low levels of potassium in the blood.
You may also feel bloated, suffer from wind, feel sick or vomit, may also experience soreness of the anus (bottom) and may have mild diarrhoea when starting to take Movicol Liquid Orange flavour which generally gets better if you reduce the amount of MOVICOL Liquid Orange flavour you take.
If any of the side effects gets serious or lasts more than a few days or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Each 25 ml of Movicol Liquid Orange flavour contains Macrogol 3350 13.125 g, Sodium Chloride 0.3507 g, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 0.1785 g, Potassium Chloride 0.0466 g. Movicol Liquid Orange flavour also contains purified water, orange flavour, and acesulfame potassium (E950) and sucralose (E955) as sweeteners. It also contains a preservative which contains benzyl alcohol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E214). Orange flavour contains the following ingredients: flavouring substances, flavouring preparations and ethanol (alcohol).