SMA Extra Hungry Infant Powder 800g
SMA Extra Hungry Infant Powder 800g
£10.39 Save: £0.60 RRP: £10.99
- This product is limited to 2 per order, if you wish to order more please contact the pharmacy team/customer services.
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 1155g (includes packaging)
- Omega 3 & 6 LCPs from a vegetarian source
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for Halal
SMA Extra Hungry Infant Milk can be used from birth. It is a nutritionally complete infant formula, specifically made for hungrier bottle-fed babies. It can be used to combination feed with breast milk. SMA Extra Hungry Infant Milk can also help delay weaning until the recommended time of 6 months when babies are showing signs of being less satisfied.
Extra Hungry is a specially tailored casein dominant infant milk, which contains Omega 3 & 6 LCPs.
SMA continually strive to improve their infant formula, acknowledging the importance of early nutrition and its impact on future health through scientific research & development.
Extra Hungry Infant Milk:
- Is nutritionally complete
- Is specially tailored formula
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- Ideal for hungrier babies.
What are Omega 3 & 6 LCPs?
Omega 3 and 6 are oils called LCPs. This means long-chain polyunsaturates. LCPs are important components of cell membranes and play a key role in the development of the brain, eye, and nervous system. Although LCPs can be made in the body, infants have a high demand for these nutrients and benefit from having LCPs in their diet in terms of optimal brain and eye development.
SMA uses a vegetarian source of Omega 3 & 6, which still enables SMA Extra Hungry Milk powder to be vegetarian!
Baby approaching 6 months?
At 6 months, you can continue to use SMA Extra Hungry Infant Milk or you can consider moving on to SMA Follow-on Milk (Stage 2), which is especially designed for babies when they have moved on to eating solid foods.
We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles, when required.
Always throw away unfinished feeds, for reasons of hygiene.
For older babies, made-up SMA LF can be added to food, and used in cooking. Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle. Do not warm feeds in a microwave oven as this may cause uneven heating and could scald your baby's mouth.
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil full kettle filled with fresh tap water. Important: The UK and Irish Governments recommend allowing the boiled water to cool to no less then 70°C. In practice, this means using water that has been left for less then 30 minutes of water (Carefully - the water is hot) into the sterilised bottle - see feeding table. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided in this can, add the correct number of scoops of powder to the bottle according to the feeding table, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
If advance preparation is necessary, consult your healthcare professional.
Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place.
Do not refrigerate.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave . Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Lactose, skimmed milk powder, vegetable oils, emulsifier (soya lecithin), calcium hydroxide, L-cysteine, vitamin C, sodium citrate, inositol, potassium hydroxide, taurine, potassium bicarbonate, choline chloride, ferrous sulphate, magnesium chloride, zinx sulphate, cytidine-5-monophosphate, antioxidants, disodium uridine-5-monophosphate, vitamin E, adenosine-5-monophosphate, niacin, disodium inosine-5-monophosphate, disodium, guanozine-5-monophosphate, vitamin A, pantothenic acid, copper sulphate, thiamin, vitamin B6, vitamin D, folic acid, manganese sulphate, riboflavin, potassium iodide, vitamin K, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin B12.