Anodesyn Ointment 25g
Anodesyn Ointment 25g
£3.69 Save: £0.46 RRP: £4.15
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 25g (includes packaging)
Important information about Anodesyn Ointment
• This medicine relieves the symptoms of external piles.
• It can be used by adults, the elderly and children over 12 years.
Anodesyn Ointment contains lidocaine which is a local painkiller to relieve pain and discomfort and allantoin which helps with the healing process. This medicine relieves the pain and irritation associated with external piles.
How to use this medicine
Apply it directly to the pile.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Wash the affected area with tepid water, dry and apply the ointment with your finger, gauze or lint.
• Re-apply the ointment as required.
• Avoid contact with the eyes.
Children under 12 years
Do not use on children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
If your symptoms have not gone away after 7 days of treatment, you should ask your doctor for advice.
If you accidentally swallow some, see a doctor straight away. Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
Talk to your doctor if you have….
• Symptoms that have not cleared up after using the ointment for 7 days.
• Persistent pain or bleeding from the anus (especially if there is a change in bowel movements).
• A swollen stomach or you are losing weight.
Pregnant or breastfeeding….
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Lidocaine, one of the active ingredients, can be absorbed through the skin and pass into breast milk.
Important information about some of the ingredients
• This product contains wool fat which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Anodesyn Ointment can have side effects, although these don’t affect everyone.
• Allergic reactions may occur (rash, itching, wheezing).
If you notice this or any other side effect not included above, stop use and tell your doctor or pharmacist. They will tell you what to do.
What is in this medicine
The active ingredients are: lidocaine hydrochloride 0.5% w/w, allantoin 0.5% w/w.
The other ingredients are: white soft paraffin, wool fat, purified water.