Benylin Mucus Cough Night 150ml
Benylin Mucus Cough Night 150ml
£5.19 Save: £1.94 RRP: £7.13
Weight: 317g (includes packaging)
Benylin Mucus Cough Night is a medicine which is used to help provide night time relief of coughing and related congestive symptoms and aid restful sleep. The liquid contains diphenhydramine which is an antihistamine that helps relieve coughing, dry secretions in the nose and chest, and helps you sleep, guaifenesin (an expectorant) to help loosen mucus (phlegm) from the lungs and make it easier to cough up, and levomenthol which helps you breathe more easily by relieving congestion.
The medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Children under 12 years
Do not use in children under 12 years.
Adults and children over 12 years
Take two 5 ml spoonfuls at bedtime followed by two 5 ml spoonfuls every 6 hours, as required.
Take two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
Do not take more than 4 doses (1 dose = two 5 ml spoonfuls) in 24 hours.
If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- For a child under 12 years of age.
If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Mucus Cough Night.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you have prostate problems (diffi culty with passing water or needing to pass water often).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
- If you are taking alcohol.
- If you are taking any other medicines containing; anticholinergic drugs e.g.antihistamines (drugs used to treat allergies); antidepressants (drugs to treat mood disorders); atropine (used to treat some eye conditions and occasionally bowel conditions), minor tranquillisers (drugs used to relax muscles or decrease anxiety); barbiturates (a kind of sleeping tablet); codeine (sometimes used as a painkiller).
If any of these bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This medicine may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
Avoid alcoholic drink.
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. Contains 1 g sucrose and 3.5 g glucose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breast-feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions.
This medicinal product contains 16.42 mg sodium per 5 ml. This should be taken into account by patients on a controlled sodium diet.
Benylin Mucus Cough Night can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate help:
- Swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue.
- Allergic reactions including skin rashes (which may be severe and include blistering or peeling of the skin) and itching.
- Fits or numbness (paraesthesia).
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor:
- An increased awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations).
- Shakiness (tremor).
- Diffi culty passing water.
Other effects which may occur include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision.
- Dry mouth, nose and throat.
- Upset stomach, nausea or vomiting.
If you experience any side-effects not included in this leafl et or are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not store this product above 30ºC.
Do not keep in the fridge or freeze.
Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children. Do not leave your child unattended when using this medicine.
The active ingredients in 5 ml of Benylin Mucus Cough Night are: 14 mg Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, 100 mg Guaifenesin and 1.1 mg Levomenthol.
Other ingredients are: Liquid glucose, sucrose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), caramel (E150), raspberry essence, natural sweetness enhancer, carbomer, Ponceau 4R (E124) and water.