Please note, due to unusually high demand, processing times for Veterinary Prescriptions is currently up to 5 working days.
Royal Mail are currently experiencing resourcing issues affecting deliveries in some areas. Click Here for more details
Join our team for your pre-registration year
Placements available for August 2021 start
Weldricks is a family-owned business with 59 branches located throughout South Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. We have a long history of providing high quality and comprehensive pre-registration training with a 100 per cent pass rate in 2019, with placements available across the South Yorkshire area.
What to expect from our Pre-registration Pharmacist training
The Weldricks Pharmacy pre-registration programme supports you throughout your pre-reg year. We provide:
- One hour each day protected study time.
- RPS and all GPhC fees paid.
- 18 study days, at our training room in the centre of Doncaster, that complement your day to day learning with your tutor in branch.
- Study days will be run by our Pre-reg Lead Babir Malik and will include calculations, clinical case studies, BNF, law and OTC quizzes.
- Guest speakers at the study days.
- A focus on revision and preparation as you get closer to your pre-registration exam, along with a Green Light Campus mock exam.
- Two-week hospital cross sector placement.
- Two-week general practice cross sector placement.
- A recently qualified pharmacist as a mentor as well as having a pre-reg tutor.
- Opportunity to spend time in other branches to experience a wide variety of services including our internet pharmacy.
- Access to lots of resources.
We want enthusiastic, well-motivated students to work with to get the most out of your pre-registration year and to help you prepare to start practice as a pharmacist and beyond.
What our future Pre-registration Pharmacist have to say:
“Hello, my name is Emily and I will be starting my pre-reg with Weldricks in 2021. I have worked for Weldricks since the start of my MPharm degree and there was no doubt in my mind this is where I wanted to do my training year, the company has such a tight-knit feel and I have felt so supported on my journey already even as a Saturday assistant. The year has the opportunity for multiple cross-sector placements in both hospital and general practice as well as being able to see other branches in the company as they have such a variety. Weldricks also provide one hour of protected study time per day which was so important to me, having this and regular study days with the other pre-regs means I know I will be supported every step of the way”
How can you apply?
We offer two routes to join us as a pre-registration pharmacist:
- Direct application – we keep a few pre-registration places available across the company each year for students who wish to apply to us directly. You will need to complete an online application form and attend an interview with the pre-registration lead at our Branch Service Centre in Doncaster. This route will suit students who would prefer the confidence of having a guaranteed pre-registration placement without the uncertainty of applying through Oriel.
- Oriel – we do also offer 12 pre-registration placements each year through the Oriel pharmacy recruitment scheme.