Klean-Prep Sachets Pack of 4
Klean-Prep Sachets Pack of 4
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 175g (includes packaging)
When Klean-Prep is dissolved in water, it is a bowel cleansing agent. This means it flushes everything out of your intestines (gut) through a laxative action so that they are completely empty and clean.
You have been given Klean-Prep because you are going to have one of these procedures:
- Barium enema
- Gut surgery
For all of these, it is important that your gut is clean so the procedure is more likely to be a success.
Always take Klean-Prep exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is up to 4 sachets. Start taking Klean-Prep the day before your hospital procedure
If you have a morning appointment at the hospital take Klean-Prep during the afternoon and evening of the day before you appointment. This will take about 4 to 6 hours altogether.
If you have an afternoon appointment, take 2 sachets on the evening before your appointment, and the rest the next morning. This takes about 2-3 hours each time.
To take Klean-prep:
- Empty the contents of one sachet of Klean-Prep into 1 litre (1 ¾ pints) of water.
- Stir until the solution is clear.
- Drink 1 glassful (¼ litre or ½ pint) of Klean-Prep about every fifteen minutes until you have drunk it all.
- Make up and take the next sachets in the same way. You should be starting to have watery bowel movements so stay near a toilet. If after three sachets you are passing only clear liquid, there is no need to take the final sachet.
What else do I need to know?
You should start opening your bowels 1 to 2 hours after starting to take Klean-Prep. If you have not had a bowel movement after taking 2 sachets, wait until you go to the toilet before you continue with Klean-Prep. If you have slept the night and still not have had any bowel movements, contact the hospital for advice.
If you take more Klean-Prep than you should, drink lots of liquids especially fruit juices.
If you forget to take Klean-Prep, take the next dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist
No solid food should be eaten for at least two hours before taking this medicine.
This medicine is not recommended for use in children.
Each sachet should be dissolved in one litre of water. Flavouring such as clear fruit cordial can be added if needed. After reconstitution the solution should be kept in a refrigerator and discarded if unused after 24 hours.
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Use with caution in
Not to be used in
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Diminished levels of consciousness
- Inflammation of the bowel and back passage (ulcerative colitis)
- People prone to aspiration or regurgitation
- People who have a problem with the act of swallowing (impaired gag reflex)
- Reflux oesophagitis
- Abnormal hole in the stomach or intestines (gastrointestinal perforation)
- Inflammation of the large intestine (toxic colitis)
- Obstruction of the stomach or intestines
- Retention of the stomach contents in the stomach (gastric retention)
- Sudden expansion of the large intestine seen in advanced ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease (toxic megacolon)
- Ulceration of the stomach or intestines
Macrogol 3350, Sodium Sulphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride and Potassium Chloride, Aspartame and vanilla flavour.