SMA Follow On Powder 800g
SMA Follow On Powder 800g
- This product is limited to 6 per order.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 1155g (includes packaging)
- Omega 3 & 6 from a vegetarian source
- Suitable for Halal
SMA Follow-on Milk helps provide the important nutrients your growing baby needs when they move on to solid foods. At 6 months of age your baby’s natural stores of iron is depleted so it is important for healthy growth and development that iron levels are supplied by the diet.
SMA Follow-on Milk includes Omega 3 & 6, iron, calcium and vitamin D. Iron helps brain development and calcium & vitamin D supports growth of bones and teeth.
Essential nutrients in our Follow-on Milk are delivered in a smaller volume than infant formula. Gradually reducing the amount of milk from 6 months onwards encourages your baby to have an appetite for weaning foods. Using SMA Follow-on Milk will give you the reassurance that your baby is receiving key nutrients at this important time.
Use as part of a mixed weaning diet.
At SMA we are continually striving to improve our products, acknowledging the importance of early nutrition and its impact on future health through scientific research & development.
SMA Follow-on Milk when your baby is starting to wean because:
- SMA Follow-on Milk contains Omega 3 and 6 to help support brain and eye development. Not all Follow-on milks contain these important nutrients.
- SMA Follow-on Milk has an improved protein quality, compared with cow's milk.
- SMA Follow-on Milk contains increased levels of iron (a nutrient which is often difficult for weaning babies to obtain from their diet). Babies are born with a natural store of iron but this is running out by the age of 4-6 months and it needs to be supplied by their diet.
- SMA Follow-on Milk also contains recommended levels of other important nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium, Zinc, Potassium and Vitamin E.
- SMA Follow-on Milk can also be used in weaning recipes. For lots of ideas visit our meal planner
- SMA Follow-on Milk powder is suitable for Halal diets.
We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles, when required.
Always throw away unfinished feeds, for reasons of hygiene.
For older babies, made-up SMA LF can be added to food, and used in cooking. Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle. Do not warm feeds in a microwave oven as this may cause uneven heating and could scald your baby's mouth.
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil full kettle filled with fresh tap water. Important: The UK and Irish Governments recommend allowing the boiled water to cool to no less then 70°C. In practice, this means using water that has been left for less then 30 minutes of water (Carefully - the water is hot) into the sterilised bottle - see feeding table. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided in this can, add the correct number of scoops of powder to the bottle according to the feeding table, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
If advance preparation is necessary, consult your healthcare professional.
Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place.
Do not refrigerate.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave . Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed, Coconut, Sunflower), Maltodextrin, Skimmed Milk, Demineralised Whey (Milk, Whey Permeate (Milk), Lactose (Milk), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS), Calcium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil (DHA), Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C, Arachidonic Acid-Rich Oil (AA), Sodium Chloride, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin E, Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alpha-Tocopherol), Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Copper Sulphate, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin B12.