SMA Lactose Free Milk Powder 400g
SMA Lactose Free Milk Powder 400g
- This product is limited to 6 per order.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 430g (includes packaging)
SMA Lactose Free Formula is food for special medical purposes. For the dietary management of lactose intolerant babies and young children. Suitable from birth on-wards. This product must be used under medical supervision. SMA LF formula is specifically for those babies and young children who are intolerant to lactose, sucrose, or who are experiencing symptoms such a diarrhoea, tummy ache, or wind caused by temporary lactose intolerance. It is suitable as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth in place of your usual formula feed. For older babies it can be used as part of a mixed diet. It is suitable for use up to 18 months of age and may be used for older children and adults with lactose intolerance as part of a lactose free diet. SMA Lactose Free Formula is enriched with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs, is nutritionally complete, and enriches with iron. For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food.
- Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle, carefully. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store scoop in suspension inside the can and replace the lid.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops on to the inside of your wrist.
|Approx. age of baby||Approx. weight of baby||Preparation for single feeds||Cooled, freshly boiled water||Feeds in 24 hours|
|Birth - 2 Weeks||3.4||3||90||6|
|2 - 4 Weeks||3.7||4||120||6|
|4 - 8 Weeks||4.2||4||120||6|
|7 - 12 Months||-||7||210||3|
Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
It is recommended to prepare each feed in individual bottles when required.
For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food.
For enteral use only.
Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
Do not warm feeds in microwave - hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Remember, cow's milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Dried Glucose Syrup, vegetable oils (palm, soya, coconut, sunflower), milk proteins, minerals (potassium chloride, sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, calcium carbonate, potassium bicarbonate, calcium phosphate, sodium citrate, magnesium phosphate, calcium chloride, calcium citrate, calcium hydroxide, magnesium carbonate, potassium hydroxide, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, copper sulphate, manganese sulphate, potassium iodide, sodium selenate), vitamins (C, E, Niacin, A, Pantothenic acid, riboflavin, thiamin, B6, D, folic acid, K, Biotin, B12), emulsifier (soya lecithin), long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (AA, DHA), Inositol, choline chloride, taurine, L-carnitite, nucleotides (cytidine-, disodium uridine-, adenosine, disodium inosine-, disodium guanosine-5’-monophospate), antioxidants (tocopherol-rich extract, ascorbyl palmitate).