A Guide to our NHS Services
NHS services we provide
We list to the right other NHS funded services that may be offered at your local Weldricks Pharmacy. If you have any queries about any of these services or any health-related matter do not hesitate to speak to your local Weldricks team who will gladly provide you with further information or advice.
We provide these NHS services on behalf of: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flu Vaccination Service.
- Smoking Cessation Services.
- Syringe Needle Exchange Service.
- Minor Ailments Scheme.
- Nursing & Care Home Services.
- Emergency Contraception.
- Ostomy Supplies.
- Medicine Supervision Services.
- New Medicine Service.
We dispense NHS prescriptions (paper and electronic) and will give advice on how to get the most benefit from your medicines. We keep a comprehensive stock of medicines and use a fast and efficient wholesaler service to enable us to dispense all prescriptions promptly.
We can also dispense NHS repeat
dispensing prescriptions. Ask us for more
information about this service.
All medicines are dispensed in child-resistant containers unless you ask us not to. Please remember: Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children. Our staff can advise you on the safe storage of medicines.
Health Advice and Social Care
The pharmacist and our trained assistants are available for advice on all medicines and minor ailments, in private if required. We can also give you advice on how to live a healthy life, for example, advice on how to stop smoking, or healthy diets. We can direct you to other sources of advice and assistance if we cannot help you ourselves.
Pharmacy has a clinical governance lead and we abide by the same standards as other members of the NHS.
If you or someone you care for has difficulty in taking medication we offer an assessment service to determine the level of support available to you.
Public Health Signposting
From time to time we will take part in national and local campaigns highlighting public health concerns for example:
- Cancer Awareness,
- The Dangers of Smoking,
- Flu Pandemic etc.
There are local and national support groups
throughout the UK. Our staff are able to
provide you with information on request.
Patient Medication Records
Our computer allows us to keep records of all your prescriptions dispensed by us. This helps us check for possible problems, such as reactions between medicines and will help us deal with any queries you may have. We comply with the GDPR and the NHS code on confidentiality. If you would like to discuss your data please speak to a member of staff.
If you need one of your regular medicines in an emergency when you are unable to contact your doctor, we may be able to help. We must stress that this can only be done in genuine emergencies and it may incur a charge. If you would like any more information about any of the services mentioned, please ask a member of staff or telephone the number on the front of this leaflet.
When the pharmacy is closed, if you urgently need
medical help or advice, but it’s not a life-threatening situation, contact NHS 111, by calling 111.
Information can also be accessed at www.nhs.uk.
Comments and Complaints
If you would like to comment on our service or think the service we provide can be improved, please tell us. Our aim is to make the greatest possible contribution to healthcare, by meeting your needs. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service please speak to our Branch Pharmacist or alternatively call our Complaints Co-ordinator on (01302) 369121. If you feel you cannot discuss your complaint with us you may contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service on 0300 456 8349.
Violent and abusive customers
Our staff work hard to provide you with the best possible service. Please treat them with the courtesy and respect they deserve. We reserve the right to refuse to provide services to individuals who act in a violent, threatening or aggressive manner.
In the event that disabled customers cannot gain access to the shop, our staff will ensure that you are served promptly at the shop door.
To dispose of old or unwanted medicines safely bring them into your local Weldricks branch and we will destroy them free of charge. Unfortunately we are unable to accept back sharps.
•Vet prescriptions dispensed and delivered to your home.
•Medicine and specialised product sales.
Safeguarding your information
Our pharmacists and their staff are members of your local healthcare team. They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare. To do this they need to keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you. We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you.
The Information recorded may include:
- Basic details about you, such as an address, date of birth, next of kin;
- Records of medicines you have been prescribed by your doctor or another qualified prescriber, and which have been supplied by this pharmacy;
- Details of medicines purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription (“over the counter medicines”);
- Other details and notes about your health and medical treatment;
- Information relevant to your continued care from other people who care for you and know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives. As part of providing a professional, safe and efficient service, there is certain information that we record. This includes details of drugs and appliances dispensed against NHS prescriptions as well as significant advice given and referrals made to other health professionals. This information won’t be shared with anyone else except under the circumstances described below in ‘Sharing Information’.
The information held about you will not be shared for any reason, unless:
- You ask us to do so;
- We ask and you give us specific permission; we are required by law, for example, prescribers must be notified where a patient presents a prescription and the pharmacist becomes aware of clinically significant issues arising in connection with that prescription;
Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information confidential, subject to recognised exceptions of the types listed above.
Summary Care Records (SCR) in Pharmacy.
Your SCR contains information from your GP Health Record.
- We may need to check your SCR, but we will try to get your permission first
- If we cannot contact you, we may access your SCR to safely provide you with NHS services.
- To access your SCR we follow an NHS process and make a record.
- If you do not wish to have an SCR, please contact your GP.
For the terms and conditions of our delivery service, please see our website: https://www.weldricks.co.uk/leedale-delivery
If you wish to receive a hard copy of the delivery terms and conditions please ask at a branch or phone 01302 554152.
You have the right to confidentiality under the GDPR, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply).
We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidentiality and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional Code of Ethics to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
Our guiding principle is that we hold your records in strict confidence.
Pharmacy Privacy Notice
We process your personal data, which includes your name, contact details, prescription medicines and data from other pharmacy and health care services we provide to you (including, for example, pharmacy medicines, medicine use reviews, flu vaccinations and stop smoking services) for the purposes of:
- Your care – providing pharmacy services and care to you and, as appropriate, sharing your information with your GP and others in the wider NHS;
- Our payments – sharing your information with the NHS Business Services Authority, others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, and only limited information to those external to the NHS who negotiate and check the accuracy of our payments; and,
- Management – sharing only limited information with the NHS Business Services Authority and others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities; as well as those external to the NHS who ensure we maintain appropriate professional and service standards and that your declarations and ours are accurate.
We hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS. You have a right to a copy of the information we hold about you, generally without charge. You may seek to correct any inaccurate information.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and the management of healthcare systems. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of your information. You may object to us holding your information. You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Please ask if you want more information. [You may choose to opt out of the NHS using your data for planning and research purposes – please ask for details.]
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to,
C/O Data Protection Officer,
H I Weldrick Ltd, Leedale House, Railway Court,
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN4 5FB.
Weldricks Pharmacy is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for patients and pharmacy staff.
In the interests of everyone’s safety, when using our consultation area it may sometimes be necessary to have a chaperone present.
A chaperone provides a safeguard against allegations of verbal, physical or sexual abuse, for both patients and pharmacy staff.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure where they feel one is required. This chaperone may be a family member or friend. On occasions, you may prefer a formal chaperone to be present, ie: a trained member of staff.
If you are booking an appointment with the pharmacist, please make your request for a chaperone at the time of booking so that your appointment is not delayed. If a chaperone cannot be provided we may need to reschedule your appointment. The pharmacist may also choose to have a chaperone present for certain consultations. If a chaperone is present, the pharmacist will also provide the opportunity for a private conversation if required.
If you would like to see a copy of our Chaperone Policy or have any questions on this, please speak to our pharmacist.
Registered Office: HI Weldrick Ltd. Leedale House Railway Court. Doncaster. DN4 5FB.
Tel: 01302 369121. Fax: 01302 349477
Get our app and enjoy the benefits
- Order your prescriptions
- Prescription ready alert
- Medication reminders
- Talk to your Pharmacist
- Prescription reordering reminders