By requesting delivery of a prescription, nominating, or submitting a prescription to our Leedale Pharmacy, you agree to our delivery terms and conditions outlined below:
- Prescriptions from Weldricks Leedale Pharmacy will be delivered Monday to Friday 08:30 to 18:30.
- Delivery of your medication can take 7 working days. We may use delivery partners such as Royal Mail and DPD.
- We advise you to place your order with your GP 10 days before you run out.
- We do not offer a next day delivery service for repeat medication.
- If you need your repeat medication more urgently, contact Leedale and we will arrange for your prescription to be returned to allow you to collect it from a local branch.
- If we cannot get an item for your prescription due to medicine shortages, we will contact your GP for a suitable alternative.
- We only deliver to a home address.
- We can deliver to a local neighbour or family member at your written request if you are out.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to inform us of any change to alternative delivery arrangements.
- MDS delivery is only to the address on the prescription or to a local Weldricks branch.
- We will share relevant information with third-party organisations to deliver your medication and communicate updates on your order. These include:
- Our delivery partners & couriers,
- e-mail services
- communication providers
- We will only leave the delivery if you or a representative are present to accept the delivery at the address.
- If no-one answers, the delivery will be taken to the nearest Weldricks Pharmacy.
- We will leave a card detailing where your delivery has been returned to.
- You must contact the branch to arrange free collection and allow 24 hours before collecting.
- Re-delivery of your medication from a local branch is chargeable. Contact your local branch for the current fee. Payment must be made before re-delivery either online or by phoning 0808 164 3211.
- Royal Mail deliveries will be returned to your local post office – it is the patient’s responsibility to arrange collection or re-delivery.
- DPD will be returned to the local DPD depot with options for re-delivery – it is the patients responsibility to arrange collection or re-delivery.
- Some prescriptions can be delivered through your letterbox with no signature. Ask your local branch for more details.
- A Key-safe can only be used with completion of a consent form.
- Your delivery can only be left through the door, the driver may not enter the property.
- If the driver is in doubt of the security of the medication it will be returned to a local branch.
Prescription Payment Status
- We will ask if you pay for prescriptions, have a pre-payment certificate or are exempt.
- It is your responsibility to make the correct declaration.
- If your payment status changes you must let us know on 01302 554 152.
- The NHS make checks on the exemption status of patients and incorrect claims will be liable to a penalty fine by the NHS.
- You must provide us with a valid exemption or pay the correct prescription charge prior to us delivering your medication.
NHS Summary Care Records (SCR)
- Your SCR contains information from your GP Health Record.
- We will access your SCR when needed to supply your medication and other NHS services safely
- Only the Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician will access your record
- After accessing your SCR we will make a record of the access
- If you do not wish to have a Summary Care Record you need to inform your GP practice
You can contact Leedale Pharmacy on 01302 554152.