Patient Questionnaire Results 2014 - 2015
You may have been aware that over the last 12 months we have been carrying out patient surveys regarding the services provided by Weldricks Pharmacy.
Thank you to all those people wo took the time to complete a questionnaire, your feedback and comments are invaluable.
A total of 7,345 questionnaires were completed across the group. The findings from the quesionnaires were as follows:
- 98% of the public asked were satisfied with the time it took to have their prescription provided
- 99% of the public thought the cleanliness of the pharmacies were good
- 97% of the public thought the comfort and convenience of the waiting areas were good
- 99.5% of the public rated the staff who work in our pharmacies rather than any other pharmacy
- 97% of the public would recommend Weldricks Pharmacy to another person who has a prescription or needs pharmacy services
Areas where we want to improve public knowledge is:
41% of the public do not use the pharmacy for general advice on leading a more healthy lifestyle. We can work on this ensuring every person who has a Medicines Usage Review (MUR) or a New Medicines Service is asked:
- If they are a smoker and if so, has been offered Smoking Cessation advice and treatment as 77% had never been given this advice.
- If they are outside the healthy BMI guide and if so, has been offered healthy eating, dietry advice. 82 % have never been given advice on healthy eating.
- If they take regular exercise and explain the benefits of being active and discuss what activities they could perform to help their heart. 86% had never been given physical exercise advice.
38% of the public do not use the pharmacy to dispose of unwanted medicines safely:
- this information can also be included within MURs and by staff talking to patients when they order their medicines.
18% of the public did not know we offered a free Prescription Ordering Service:
- this aspect need publicising by the staff and also within MURs
54% of the public do not use our Prescription Collection Service and 62.5% have never been asked if they want their prescriptions collecting:
- this can be improved by staff approaching every customer who presents a prescription at the pharmacy.