Please be aware that this product contains Liquid Paraffin which is highly flammable, keep away from open or gas fires or hobs and naked flames, including candles etc. and not to smoke when using these paraffin containing preparations.
Bedding and clothing should be washed regularly (preferably daily) to minimise the build-up of impregnated paraffin although it may not be completely removed, unless it is washed at a high temperature as paraffin is invisible and can accumulate over time
Do not use Doublebase Emollient Bath Additive if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to liquid paraffin or any of the other ingredients of Doublebase Emollient Bath Additive listed.
Take special care when using this product:
- it can make your bath slippery, so be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your bath. Be careful when handling babies and young children.
- after use, clean out the bath with a suitable detergent to remove any remaining greasiness (wearing protective gloves to avoid irritating your hands).
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by, other medicines.
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding. The ingredients have been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the product as described the next time you bathe.
Like all medicines, Doublebase Emollient Bath Additive can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin. However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this bath additive and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- if your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
- if any of the side effects get worse, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
If this product is accidentally swallowed, its oily ingredients may cause diarrhoea.
If this happens:
- treat the symptoms as you would deal with any case of diarrhoea.
- drink plenty of water.
- do not attempt to cause vomiting.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Doublebase Emollient Bath Additive after the expiry date shown on the container.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
Always replace the cap after use.