For oral use only.
Do not take the capsules immediately after food.
Do not take the capsules at the same time as indigestion remedies as they may damage the capsules.
Do not chew or break the capsules before swallowing.
Do not take this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you are allergic to peanuts or soya.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If this is the first time that you have suffered from these symptoms.
- If you are aged 40 years or over and it has been some time since your last attack of IBS, or your symptoms have changed.
- If your symptoms worsen, or do not improve over 2 weeks.
- If you are taking any indigestion remedies.
- If you have passed blood from your bowel.
- If you are vomiting or feeling nauseous.
- If you have lost your appetite.
- If you are unusually pale or tired.
- If you have severe constipation.
- If you have a fever.
- If you have recently travelled abroad.
- If you have abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge.
- If you have difficulty or pain when passing urine.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This product contains arachis oil (peanut oil). Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to peanut or soya.
Peppermint oil can cause allergic reactions in very rare cases (rash, headache, slow pulse rate, loss of co-ordination and shaking). These symptoms may occur in association with alcohol.
Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild. If you experience the following, stop using themedicine and seek immediate medical help:
Allergic reactions to peppermint oil or menthol including rash, headache, slow pulse rate, loss of co-ordination and shaking can occur. These may occur if the capsules are taken with alcohol.
If you already suffer from heartburn and this worsens after taking Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules, you should stop taking this product and consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.