Anusol Ointment 25g
Anusol Ointment 25g
£2.99 Save: £1.22 RRP: £4.21
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 25g (includes packaging)
Anusol Ointment relieves internal and external piles, anal itching and fissures (fissures refer to a split or crack in your skin). Apply morning and night, plus after each bowel movement as necessary. Anusol Ointment has a mild oily base which is useful when the skin is sore and dry.
What are piles?
Piles (haemorrhoids) are swollen blood vessels which occur inside or outside the back passage (anus).
Some people have piles without experiencing any symptoms, but sufferers may notice the following:
- Bleeding: Although streaks of bright red blood on the toilet paper are not uncommon in people with piles, it may be sign of a more serious condition and you should see your doctor to check this.
- Swelling: The swollen blood vessels may be felt as a lump or blockage in the anus.
- Pain, itching and irritation in the anal region. At least 40% of people suffer from piles at some time in their lives. However, many people are too embarrassed to seek advice or treatment and, as a result, suffer unnecessary discomfort. Fortunately, there is much you can do to ease the situation and relieve the symptoms.
What causes piles?
A number of factors can contribute to the development of piles:
- The most common cause is straining during bowel movement, usually as a result of constipation.
- During pregnancy, the growing baby exerts increased pressure on the anal vessels, which can lead to piles.
- Heredity: You may be more likely to develop piles if your family has a history of suffering.
Healthy Tips for Piles Sufferers
You can reduce the risk of piles by following a healthy diet and lifestyle that helps to keep your bowels working regularly and prevents constipation. This can also help to speed recovery from piles.
- Eat a high fibre diet including foods like brown rice, wholemeal bread, whole wheat pasta etc.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and salads.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don't eat too much salty, fatty or sugary foods such as crisps, burgers and cakes.
- Cut back on the amount of alcohol, tea and coffee you drink.
- Exercise regularly.
A healthy diet and lifestyle will reduce the likelihood of constipation and encourage a regular bowel habit. Go to the toilet regularly and try to avoid straining. Leaning forward from the hips may help.
For external and internal piles, Ointment can be used. If internal haemorrhoids are the problem, Suppositories deliver a measured dose to the affected area.
Adults and Children over 12 years:
apply to affected area night and morning and after each bowel evacuation as necessary
Children under 12 years:
Make sure affected area is washed and dried. Apply ointment to area, completely covering it, twice daily.
To insert into rectum attach nozzle to tube, gently squeeze tube. Wash nozzle after use in hot water and detergent, then rinse well with water.
If you have difficulty in squeezing ointment from tube hold it between hands for a few minutes to warm it.
For the anal region only
Not recommended for children under 12
Do not use after the expiry date shown on the box
Do not swallow the cream or apply it to any part of the body except the area around the anus or rectum using the applicator. If you accidentally swallow Anusol Ointment, tell your doctor at once.
Keep out of reach of children.
Zinc Oxide 10.75g, Bismuth subgallate 2.25g, Balsam Peru 1.875g, Bismuth oxide 0.875g, Magnesium Stearate, cocoa Butter, Lanolin anhydrous, castor oil, kaolin light, petroleum jelly white.