Liquifilm Tears Eye Drops 15ml
LIQUIFILM TEARS is a substitute for tears and contains a lubricant called polyvinyl alcohol.
It is an eye drops solution used for the relief of the symptoms of dry eye (such as soreness, burning, irritation or dryness) caused by your eyes not producing enough tears.
What is it used for?
- Dry eye conditions.
- Dryness of the eye surface (cornea) and lining of the eye socket (conjunctiva) due to reduced tear production (keratoconjunctivitis sicca).
The usual dose of LIQUIFILM TEARS is 1 or 2 drops in each eye that needs treatment as often as you feel the need.
Instructions for use
Do not use the bottle if the seal around the cap is broken before you first open it.
Wash your hands before opening the bottle. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- 1. Gently pull down the lower eyelid of the eye that needs treatment until there is a small “pocket”.
- 2. Turn the bottle upside down. Squeeze it to release 1 drop into the “pocket”.
- 3. Let go of the lower lid, and blink your eyes a few times. For a second drop repeat the steps 2 and 3.
- 4. Repeat the steps 1 to 3 for the other eye, if it also needs treatment.
If a drop misses your eye, try again.
To help prevent infection, do not let the tip of the bottle touch your eye, the surrounding tissue or anything else. Put the screw-cap back on to close the bottle, straight after you have used it. Once you have opened the bottle, you must not use it longer than 28 days; please see also Section 5, “How to store LIQUIFILM TEARS”.
- This medicine is for use in the eyes only and must not be taken by mouth.
- When used in the eyes you should take care not to touch your eye or any surface with the dropper tip, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- These eye drops contain the preservative benzalkonium chloride. As this may be absorbed by soft contact lenses these drops should not be used by people who wear this kind of lenses. Preservative-free drops are available and your pharmacist should be able to recommend a suitable one.
- This medicine may cause your vision to blur temporarily after you have applied it into your eye. Do not drive or operate machinery until this has worn off.
- Liquifilm tears eye drops should be discarded four weeks after the first opening. You may find it helpful to write the date of opening on the pack. Dispose of them carefully, preferably by returning them to your pharmacy.
- Each vial of Liquifilm preservative-free is for single use only. There should be enough in each vial to treat both eyes if required. Once you have applied the drops you should throw away the vial, even if some solution remains.
Contains: The active ingredient Liquifilm (polyvinyl alcohol) 1,4% (w/v) in a buffered hypotonic vehicle preserved with benzalkonium chloride and disodium edetate. sodium chloride, sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate monobasic, purified water and hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.