Excilor for Fungal Nail Infections is able to penetrate the nail and modify its microenvironment, making it hostile to fungal growth. The effects of Excilor are visible almost immediately as the infected part of the nail grows out.
Fungal nail infection (also known as onychomycosis) is an infection of the fingernails or toenails by fungi, also known as dermatophytes. The infection usually starts along the outside rim of the nail, which turns whitish-yellow, brown or green. The mycosis spreads into or underneath the nail plate, causing it to thicken. The nail becomes brittle and may separate partially or completely from the nail bed, which can be very painful. In some cases the infection results in permanent loss of the nail.
Dermatophytes (fungi) are usually found in warm, humid places such as bathrooms, changing rooms and communal showers in health clubs, gymnasia, swimming pools, Turkish baths, etc. These are the areas in which fungal infections most frequently occur. Athlete’s foot, another type of fungal infection that infects the skin between the toes, is very contagious and may also cause one or more nails to become infected.
Most cases of fungal nail infection affect the toenails, especially the big toe; it occurs but is much less common in the fingernails.
- Clinically proven efficacy
- Can be applied in seconds
- One complete course of treatment*
- Dries in one minute
- No need to file the nail
- Results visible once the nail starts to grow back
- tudies have shown that on average, a single applicator constitutes a full course of treatment for one infected nail.
The applicator is:
- very easy and convenient to use.
- designed to treat the whole of the nail.
- used to coat the entire surface of the damaged nail.