Fenbid Gel 100g
Fenbid Gel Ibuprofen targets pain and inflammation associated with backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains, strains, neuralgia and sports injuries.
£2.29 Save: £1.79 RRP: £4.08
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 120g (includes packaging)
Fenbid Gel contains ibuprofen and belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s). These medicines reduce pain and inflammation, and bring down a high temperature.
Fenbid Gel is used to treat a number of painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles, such as backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains, strains and sports injuries.
Adults: Squeeze 50 to 125mg (4 to 10cm) of gel from the tube on affected area.
Massage until absorbed. This dose should not be repeated more frequently than every four hours and no more than four times a day in any 24 hour period.
Fenbid Gel should only be used on healthy, unbroken skin. Do not use it on or near cuts or grazes or under dressings such as plasters. Also, do not use it on the genital area.
DO NOT use Fenbid Gel:
• If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines (e.g NSAIDs) or any of the other ingredients in this gel (listed at the end of this leaflet)
• If you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis (allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives)
• On broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
Take special care with Fenbid Gel:
• Protect treated areas from direct sunlight to avoid any sensitivity reaction, e.g. a rash
• If you suffer from bronchial asthma or any allergic disease
• If you have had an ulcer or some other problem affecting your stomach or intestines in the past
• If you have asthma or wheezing attacks (or if you have had asthma in the past)
• If you have any kidney problems
• If you develop a rash after using the gel stop using it any further.
If any of the above apply to you, only use this product on advice fromyour doctor or pharmacist.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken any other medicine, even those not prescribed by a doctor.
The effect of this medicine may affect or be affected by taking the following medicines at the same time:
• Medicines to lower your blood pressure (e.g. atenolol)
• Medicines used to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin)
• Aspirin or other NSAIDS, used for pain and inflammation
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the above, or have recently taken any other medicine - even those not prescribed.
You should not use Fenbid Gel if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Fenbid Gel should not affect the ability to drive or use machines.
Fenbid Gel is designed for topical (on the skin) application only. Never take the gel by mouth.
Always use Fenbid Gel exactly as this leaflet tells you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Do not let any gel come in contact with your eyes. If it does, rinse your eyes with cold water and consult your doctor. Hands should be washed after applying Fenbid Gel, unless they are the site of treatment.
If the condition does not improve after two weeks use, or becomes worse at any time, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Children: Fenbid Gel is not recommended for use in children under 14 years.
If you accidentally swallow any Fenbid Gel , rinse out your mouth thoroughly and contact your doctor, or nearest hospital, as soon as possible. If swallowed, the gel may cause an upset stomach.
Like all medicines Fenbid Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
All medicines can cause allergic reactions although serious allergic reactions are rare. Any sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, swelling of the eyelids, face or lips, rash or itching (especially affecting your whole body) should be reported
to a doctor immediately.
Side effects include:
• Itching or reddening of the skin
• A burning feeling
• Sore or weeping spots
• Abdominal Pain (pains in your stomach) or other abnormal stomach symptoms
• Kidney problems (particularly in people who have a history of kidney disease).
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Fenbid® Gel after the expiry date which is stated on the tube. It should be stored in a cool, dry place, below 25oC. Keep the tube tightly closed.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
This medicine is for you. Never give this medicine to someone else, it could harm them, even if their symptoms seem the same as yours.
Ibuprofen, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, purified water.