Glutarol Cutaneous Solution Wart Paint 10ml
Glutarol Cutaneous Solution Wart Paint 10ml
£2.89 Save: £0.42 RRP: £3.31
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
WHAT GLUTAROL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
• Glutarol is a paint for treating warts and verrucas. Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred from one person to another.
• Glutarol is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
• The active ingredient in this product is glutaraldehyde.
• The active ingredient works by:
– killing the virus that causes the wart or verruca;
– drying the wart / verruca and surrounding skin, so helping to prevent the infection from spreading.
HOW TO USE GLUTAROL
Only use Glutarol on warts and verrucas for which your doctor or pharmacist has recommended it.
For adults, children and the elderly:
Repeat the following twice daily until the wart or verruca disappears:
A. Soak the affected area in hot, soapy water for 2 to 3 minutes.
B. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (this will help stop the
infection from spreading to other people).
C. Gently rub away any loose hard skin from the surface of the wart
or verruca with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone;
– do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone
as the infection may spread to them.
D. Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to
the inside of the cap, carefully apply two coats of the paint to the
top of the wart or verruca only:
• avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin;
• allow the first coat to dry for a few minutes before applying the second coat.
E. There is no need to cover the wart or verruca with a plaster.
F. The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart or verruca:
• some may go in a relatively short time;
• some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
• it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, or verruca has disappeared
• if you have any concerns about the wart or verruca during treatment seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist; if the wart or verruca has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment ask your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
If the product accidentally gets onto normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area.
If the product accidentally gets into the eyes, it may cause damage. Rinse the eyes with plenty of water. If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing product into the other eye. Then seek urgent hospital attention.
If the product accidentally gets swallowed, seek urgent hospital attention. A stomach washout is required immediately.
If you inhale a lot of the vapour from the product, get plenty of fresh air.
If you forget to use Glutarol Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use this product, just carry on using it when you remember.
BEFORE YOU USE GLUTAROL
Do not use Glutarol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to glutaraldehyde or any of the other ingredients of Glutarol.
• Do not use this product anywhere on or near your face, bottom or genital (sex) area.
• Do not use this product on moles, birthmarks, warts with hairs growing from them or any other spots.
Take special care when using this product:
• If you are unsure whether you have a wart or verruca that is suitable for treatment with Glutarol, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
• Apply it carefully, to the wart or verruca only, by painting it on using the applicator attached to the inside of the cap:
– Take care not to apply the product to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young children’s delicate skin, because this may cause irritation;
– Do not apply excessive amounts.
• Keep this product away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and grazes.
• Avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions
• The product is volatile and flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition sources (e.g. burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
• Avoid inhaling the vapour, as it can be harmful.
Using other medicines
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding. The ingredients have been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.
What Glutarol contains:
The active ingredient is glutaraldehyde (10% w/v).
The other ingredients are purified water and industrial methylated spirit.