Orajel Mouth Gel 5.3g
Orajel Mouth Gel 5.3g
£3.65 Save: £0.94 RRP: £4.59
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Orajel Mouth Gel provides effective relief from mouth ulcer and denture pain. The benzocaine formula provides pain relief right at the source of your pain. The gel form gives you control over the product during application for targeted relief.
Orajel Dental Mouth Gel contains 10% w/w benzocaine, a powerful local anaesthetic that works by temporarily blocking the pathway of pain signals along the nerves and relieves pain by numbing the area.
Toothache occurs when dental pulp (the middle layer of the tooth, containing nerves and blood vessels) becomes inflamed. This can be caused by a number of factors, including dental decay, a fracture to the tooth, receding gums or certain dental treatments, such as a loose filling.
Anyone who experiences toothache should seek advice from a dentist.
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Cut off tip of tube.
- Apply a thin layer of Orajel Mouth Gel to the areas inside the mouth which are tender or painful.
Use up to 4 times daily, for no longer than 4 days.
If tenderness or pain persists, consult your dentist or doctor.
Not for use on children below the age of 12 years.
Orajel Mouth Gel is intended for short-term use until you can get to a dentist. It should not be used continuously. Do not use for more than 4 days at a time. If the toothache persists, consult your dentist.
Make sure it is safe for you to apply Orajel. Do not take this medicine if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to benzocaine or any of the ingredients in the gel, particularly sorbic acid. An allergic reaction may include a rash, stinging, swelling or itching. This product contains Sorbic Acid, which may cause local skin reactions (eg Contact Dermatitis).
- You have been told by your doctor that you have difficulty converting a component of your blood called methaemoglobin to haemoglobin. Please don’t be worried. Most people taking this medicine will not experience any problems.
- Tell your pharmacist, doctor or dentist if you are taking antibiotics called sulphonamides, for example co-trimoxazole, as benzocaine may prevent them from working well.
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you apply or swallow too much gel contact your nearest hospital casualty department, doctor or dentist immediately. Taking the product information leaflet to show to the dentist or doctor.
10% w/w Benzocaine, Macrogol 400, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Propylene Glycol, Sodium saccharin (E954), Chlorothymol, Eugenol, Passion Fruit Flavour, Sorbic acid (E200) and FD&C Red No 40.