Allevyn adhesive wound care dressing is made to employ all the proven benefits of moist wound healing without any breakdown of the dressing caused by contact with exudate. Allevyn Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds.
- Allevyn Adhesive Features
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydro-cellular layer
- Waterproof and bacteria-proof outer film layer
In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that Allevyn Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties: The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing. The hydro-cellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure. The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.