Royal Mail is currently experiencing some delays in their Special Next Day Service due to unprecedented demand. We may use alternate couriers where available to deliver your parcels on time. Customer Care will contact you to advise of this change if necessary.
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream 500g
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream 500g
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 650g (includes packaging)
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream is a paraffin free, leave-on emollient with humectant properties for those suffering from Eczema, Psoriasis and other Dry Skin Conditions. Suitable from birth, it is specially formulated with active colloidal oatmeal whose beneficial properties include, protecting and restoring1 the skin barrier, soothing the itch and irritation associated with dry skin conditions, as well as moisturising, buffering and cleansing the skin.
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream has anti-inflammatory and anti-pruritic properties and is:
- SLS free
- Parabens free
- Halogen free
- Fragrance free
- Colour free
These excipients are potential irritants and sensitisers which can aggravate already sensitive skin and as AproDerm® Colloidal Oat Cream is free from them it is less likely to cause reactions in patients and hence more likely to be used by them thus aiding compliance.
An irritant is a substance that causes inflammation to the body in a non-immune way and can affect anyone who comes into contact with sufficient amounts of it for long enough, however those with atopic eczema are more sensitive to irritants. The skin can react straight away (immediate response) or after a period of repeated exposure. Irritants remove moisture (by affecting Natural Moisturising Factor) and oils from the outer skin layer allowing pathogens, irritants and allergens to enter the skin causing inflammation and further damage.
A skin sensitiser is a chemical that will cause an allergic reaction when exposed to the skin and, unlike an irritant, it will only affect those who are allergic to it. The initial exposure will not cause a reaction but continued exposure can and once a person has been sensitised to a product, contact with even a small amount of it will cause a reaction. The two conditions allergic and irritant dermatitis may coexist.
Symptoms typically seen include skin which can be red, swollen, blistered, dry, thickened, intensely itchy and cracked depending on whether the reaction is acute or chronic.
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream:
- Is suitable from birth
- Soothes, moisturises and protects those suffering from Eczema, Psoriasis and other Dry Skin Conditions
- Suitable for those for whom paraffin containing products are contraindicated and those who do not want to use a paraffin containing emollient
- Can be used as a pre-bathing emollient to prevent the skin from drying out further
- Provides symptomatic relief for dry, red, inflamed or damaged skin
- Can be used by those sensitive to SLS, halogens, fragrances and colours
- Suitable for those with parabens sensitisation
Benefits of AproDerm Colloidol Oat Cream:
- AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream is free from SLS, parabens, halogens, fragrances and colours, these excipients are potential irritants and sensitisers which can be found in many creams, so it can be considered that the risk of a reaction to a patient will be greatly reduced.
- Paraffin free, so is suitable for those for whom paraffin containing products are contraindicated or for those who want to use a paraffin free emollient
- Proven to restore and protect1 the Skin Barrier
- Cleanses1 the skin by absorbing dirt and dead skin cells
- Has a buffering1 action to help maintain the skin’s normal pH levels
- Suitable as a pre-bathing emollient to prevent the skin drying out further
- Colloidal oatmeal hydrates the skin through its humectant effect and by forming a protective layer to reduce the rate of Transepidermal water loss
- Moisturises skin suffering from Eczema, Psoriasis and other Dry Skin Conditions
- Formulated with active colloidal oatmeal, which has as anti-pruritic properties thus reducing the patients need to scratch and so preventing further damage to the Skin Barrier
- The anti-inflammatory1 action of the colloidal oatmeal calms redness and itching
Frequency of application will be determined by severity of the condition and whether more than one emollient is being used. As a general guide it is recommended that AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream is applied as often as required as well as before and after bathing to alleviate the drying effects of bathing.
Store below 25°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream is for external use only, if your patient accidentally swallows some of it they should seek medical advice immediately.
Avena Sativa Kernel Flour 1%, Purified Water, Olive Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Vitamin F Ethyl Ester, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan gum, Disodium EDTA, Vitamin E.