Please note, due to unusually high demand, processing times for Veterinary Prescriptions is currently up to 5 working days.
Royal Mail are currently experiencing resourcing issues affecting deliveries in some areas. Click Here for more details
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment 5g
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment 5g
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 13g (includes packaging)
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment provides strong soothing night-time relief of dry eye sensations, as it acts as a barrier against moisture loss. Ideal for use at bedtime. Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment provides soothing relief from the symptoms of dry eyes, such as soreness, irritation or a gritty sensation. Dry eye symptoms occur as a result of ocular surface disorders that can be caused by a number of different reasons where the normal tears are either of poor quality or produced in too little quantity to keep the eye sufficiently moist.
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment is suitable for all ages and can be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Apply a thin line of ointment about half an inch (1 centimeter), placed in each eye whenever needed:
- Rotate the cap anticlockwise to break the seal.
- Wash and dry your hands well before use.
- Remove the outer cap.
- If you are a contact lens wearer remove your lenses.
- Tilt your head back and look up.
- Gently pull down the lower lid of the eye to form a small pocket between your eyelid and your eye.
- Hold the tube between the thumb and middle finger of the other hand, turn the tube upside down near to the eye, and try not to touch the eye with the nozzle.
- Apply enough pressure to the tube to release a thin line of ointment about half an inch (1 centimetre), or as directed by your doctor, pharmacist or optician.
- Blink your eye a few times.
- If you missed the eye, then insert another line of ointment.
- Carefully wipe away any excess Xailin Night around the eyelid with a tissue.
- Repeat the process for the other eye, if required.
- Replace the outer cap on the container, trying not touch the applicator tip with anything, including the eye or your fingers.
- Leave at least 30 minutes between administrations of any other ophthalmic drugs.
The eye ointment may cause your vision to blur temporarily after you have applied it into your eyes. Do not drive or operate machinery until your vision is clear.
If your eye irritation persists or gets worse after using this eye ointment, or you experience eye pain, vision changes or continued redness, you should stop using this eye ointment and consult your doctor.
Not to be used if there is any known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient.
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
Temporary blurred vision after application.
Irritation, burning or stinging of the eye.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the medicine's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are using any other eye drops you should apply them first and then wait for at least five minutes before using this eye ointment.
White Soft Paraffin 57.3% w/w, White Mineral Oil 42.5% w/w, Lanolin Alcohols 0.2% w/w.