Aptamil Pepti 1 400g
Aptamil Pepti 1 400g
- This product is limited to 2 per order, if you wish to order more please contact the pharmacy team/customer services.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery service.
Suitable from birth, Aptamil Pepti 1 is formulated for the dietary management of cows’ milk protein allergy (CMPA).
Aptamil Pepti 1 is similar in composition to our standard infant milks, apart from the protein which has been broken down (extensively hydrolysed) to make it less likely to cause an allergic reaction. It also includes lactose for improved taste, to help your baby enjoy each feed and support weight gain.
What is cows’ milk protein allergy?
CMPA is the most common food allergy in infants. Although most children eventually grow out of their milk allergy, its diagnosis and management can be a worrying time for parents. The good news is, with prompt diagnosis by a Healthcare Professional, treatment and expert dietary advice, CMPA can be effectively managed and its impact reduced to a minimum. If you think your child has a cows' milk protein allergy, you should always get in contact with your Healthcare Professional for a correct diagnosis.
What’s in Aptamil Pepti 1?
Aptamil Pepti 1 is an extensively hydrolysed formula made with 100% whey protein. Aptamil Pepti 1 and 2 are the only extensively hydrolysed formulas to contain Galacto- and Fructo-oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS), long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) Omega 3 and Omega 6, and nucleotides.
- GOS/FOS - A unique blend of Galacto- and Fructo-oligosaccharides.
- LCPs - Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (Omega 3 and Omega 6)
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions, may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Do not add powder to boiling water due to risk of scalding.
- Always use the scoop provided. Level off the powder with the back of a clean knife. Do not press or heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Cap the bottle and shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Make up each feed as required.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds and always discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible and always within 1 hour. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed.Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. If necessary offer cooled, boiled water between feeds. Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop in this pack may change from time to time.
The information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice.
Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place.
Do not refrigerate.
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave . Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Hydrolysed whey protein concentrate (from milk*), Maltodextrin, Vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, single cell oil), Galacto-oligosaccharides (from milk*), Emulsifier (citric acid ester of mono- and di-glycerides), Fructo-oligosaccharides, Calcium phosphate, Potassium chloride, Fish oil, Magnesium chloride, Sodium citrate, Calcium carbonate, Vitamin C, Choline chloride, Taurine, Ferrous sulphate, Inositol, Zinc sulphate, Uridine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Cytidine 5'-monophosphate, Vitamin E, Adenosine 5'-monophosphate, Inosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, L-carnitine, Nicotinamide, Pantothenic acid, Guanosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Biotin, Copper sulphate, Folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Manganese sulphate, Potassium iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium selenite.
*This product is designed for the dietary management of cows' milk allergy so the milk proteins present have been broken down (hydrolysed) to reduce the likelihood of them causing an allergic reaction.