Spring Bank Holiday and Platinum Jubilee Online Customer Service Opening Times:
Thursday 2nd June: 9am - 12noon
Friday 3rd June: Closed
Difflam Throat & Mouth Spray 30ml
Difflam throat spray (Benzydamine) contains the active ingredient, Benzydamine, which acts locally to stop pain and inflammation. Its design ensures that the powerful active ingredient is delivered straight to the point of pain, for fast, targeted pain relief. It's used to treat:
- Painful mouth or throat conditions, such as mouth ulcers, sore throat or gums
- Pain and inflammation following dental surgery
- Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis) following surgical removal of the tonsils or the use of a tube passed through the nose into the stomach (naso-gastric tube).
How Benzydamine worksBenzydamine hydrochloride is a painkilling medicine used to relieve mild to moderate pain and inflammation in a particular area. It is most effective if applied directly to the area affected. Benzydamine also acts as a local anaesthetic, causing numbness and so pain relief at the site of application.
How to use Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine):
- Adults: Use 4-8 puffs every 2-3 hours.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Use 4 puffs every 2-3 hours.
- Children under the age of 6 years: Number of puffs to be taken is based on weight of child.
- Give one puff for each 4kg of body weight.
- Give every 2-3 hours.
- Do not take more than 4 puffs at any one time
Caution before using Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine):
Avoid contact with eyesYou should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
Each metered dose pump spray delivers Benzydamine hydrochloride 0.15% w/v, approximately 175 microlitres per puff.
Contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate and Ethanol.