Doublebase Gel 100g
Doublebase Gel 100g
£3.55 Save: £1.22 RRP: £4.77
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 130g (includes packaging)
Doublebase Gel is a treatment for application to your skin.
• It helps treat dry or chapped skin conditions that may also be itchy, red and sore. Common examples include:
– psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin), elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing), ichthyosis (abnormal scaly skin), various forms of eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin disorders.
• All age groups can use Doublebase Gel, including babies.
• The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin.
These are known as emollients. The product helps to:
– soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin.
– prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary cleansing products.
• This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
GENERAL ADVICE ON LOOKING AFTER DRY SKIN CONDITIONS
• Emollients help soften, moisturise and protect the skin. They play a central role in the treatment and management of dry skin conditions. For maximum effect, they should be applied regularly and as often as needed.
• When bathing, try to use warm, not hot, water and avoid staying in the bath for long periods. This could make dry skin conditions worse.
• Try to avoid using normal soaps or bath additives (even those labelled “moisturising”).
This is because they tend to dry and irritate the skin. Avoid using products containing fragrances, as these can also cause skin problems. You should try to use a fragrance-free emollient “soap substitute” instead. This type of product will not foam or lather but will be better for your dry skin condition.
Breaking the itch-scratch cycle
Some dry skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis are itchy, and can be quite sore.
Although scratching relieves the itching for a short while, it further damages the skin.
Badly scratched skin easily gets infected. This makes it itchier and the urge to scratch becomes even greater. It is better if scratching can be avoided by reducing the itching.
The regular use of emollients or moisturisers can help with this.
This product is only for application to the skin.
For maximum benefit you should apply the gel on a regular basis and as often as required.
• Before using the 500 g bottle, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it.
• Apply Doublebase Gel to the affected areas of the skin on a regular basis and as often as required.
• Use a few gentle strokes to smooth the gel across the skin in the same direction as hair growth (like stroking a cat or dog). If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in.
Do not rub the skin vigorously.
• This product can also be used before and after washing, showering or having a bath to help condition your skin and stop it from drying further.
• If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Doublebase Gel, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternately, leaving sufficient time to allow the previous application to soak in.
After using the 500 g bottle, it is advisable to turn the top of the pump clockwise to lock it. In the case of the tube, replace the cap after use.
Occasionally, in the 500 g bottle a small pocket of air may form around the bottom end of the pump's dip tube, making it harder to pump the gel out. This may be resolved by tapping the base of the bottle firmly on a hard surface two or three times, so the gel can settle at the bottom around the end of the dip tube. The pump should then be pumped SLOWLY.
Do not use Doublebase Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin or any of the other ingredients of Doublebase Gel.
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by, other medicines.
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding. The ingredients have been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the gel as described the next time you require it.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Doublebase Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin. However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this gel and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
• if your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
• if any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
If this product is accidentally swallowed, its oily ingredients may cause diarrhoea.
If this happens:
• treat the symptoms as you would deal with any case of diarrhoea.
• drink plenty of water.
• do not attempt to cause vomiting.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Doublebase Gel after the expiry date shown on the container.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25°C.
Do not freeze the product.
The active ingredients are isopropyl myristate (15% w/w) and liquid paraffin (15% w/w).
The other ingredients are glycerol, carbomer, sorbitan laurate, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol and purified water.