Hedrin Once Spray Gel 100ml
Hedrin Once Spray Gel 100ml
£6.39 Save: £5.60 RRP: £11.99
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 135g (includes packaging)
Hedrin’s efficacy is a result of its active ingredients, Dimeticone (contained in Hedrin 4% Lotion and Hedrin Once) and Activdiol (contained in Hedrin Treat & Go and Protect & Go). All formulations are patented and have been shown to be effective at killing head lice in clinical trials and even work on lice that have developed a resistance to traditional pesticide treatments.
Head lice have a unique strategy of water management. Instead of producing urine they eliminate excess water via tiny passages in their exoskeleton called spiracles. The active ingredient Dimeticone, a silicone oil, disrupts this process of water management by coating the lice, causing them to become permanently immobile, and blocking the spiracles preventing them from getting rid of excess water. As a result, any lice that have recently fed suffer from death by gut rupture and, the ones that haven’t, die of starvation.
Experiments carried out at the Medical Entomology Centre showed how Hedrin 4% lotion kills lice.
Like all insects, head lice are covered by a waxy protective coating. It is this waxy layer that helps the louse maintain its delicate internal water balance, preventing too much water from evaporating.
The Activdiol in Hedrin works dissolving away this waxy cuticle, causing death by dehydration.
Because Dimeticone and Activdiol kill lice with a ‘physical’ mode of action unlike a traditional chemical pesticide, you can use them as often as you like without the danger of the lice becoming resistant. Hedrin products are also free from solvents that can cause problems in some asthma sufferers.
• Cover the shoulders with a towel.
• SHAKE THE BOTTLE WELL BEFORE EACH USE.
• Holding the spray approximately 10cm from the hair carefully spray sufficient gel evenly over DRY hair, to ensure that the scalp and hair are fully covered and the hair is SATURATED.
• Be careful not to spray into eyes and face and do not breathe the spray.
• Work into the hair with the fingers or an ordinary comb spreading the gel thoroughly and evenly from the roots to tips.
• Leave on the hair for at least 15 minutes (or longer if more convenient).
• Apply shampoo directly to the entire surface of the hair without first wetting it, shampoo thoroughly then rinse with water. Repeat the process, then apply conditioner, rinse and dry. Hedrin® Once Spray Gel contains anti-foaming ingredients so the shampoo will not lather readily. If necessary, repeat the whole procedure remembering to apply shampoo directly to dry hair.
• If accidentally spilled Hedrin® Once Spray Gel may be
a slip hazard.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children.
• Keep in original carton.
• Store below 25°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack.
• After use, the empty pack can be recycled.
Dimeticone 100,000cst 4%w/w. Dimeticone is not a chemical poison. It also contains Penetrol™, silicone oils and thickeners.