Corsodyl Alcohol-free Mouthwash 300ml
Corsodyl Alcohol-free Mouthwash 300ml
£3.79 Save: £1.70 RRP: £5.49
This product is typically dispatched within 1-3 working days from date of order when using our standard delivery or 48 Hour Tracked and Signed service.
Weight: 330g (includes packaging)
Corsodyl Alcohol Free Mouthwash Mint Flavour is very effective in the treatment of gingivitis the maintenance of oral hygiene and inhibition of dental plaque formation. Corsodyl Mouthwash is alcohol free formulation that contains 0.2% of chlorhexidine digluconate which works to quickly treat gum problems such as bleeding and irritated gums mouth ulcers oral thrush and dental soreness. When used on a daily basis you will soon notice a difference in your dental hygiene plus its mint
What is Corsodyl Mouthwash for?
The active ingredient is chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of dental plaque and is used to:
Treat & prevent gum disease (where gums may bleed when brushed).
- Promote gum healing after dental surgery or treatment. Control mouth ulcers.
- Maintain mouth hygiene. Manage oral thrush and denture sore mouth.
Use only if seal on cap is present and intact before opening.
Do not swallow. Do not exceed the stated dose.
Toothpastes can stop the mouthwash working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using the mouthwash. You can also use the mouthwash at a different time of day.
Use twice a day. Fill the cap to 10 ml line. Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute then spit out.
A one month course (600 ml) is recommended.
Mouth ulcers & oral thrush:
Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
Denture sore mouth:
Clean & soak your dentures in the mouthwash for 15 minutes twice a day.
Rinse as directed by your dentist.
If your symptoms persist, see your dentist.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients.
- In children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Anywhere other than in your mouth. Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears.
- Immediately after brushing your teeth. See How to use for more information.
This mouthwash can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
Stop using the mouthwash and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or have difficulty breathing. These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
Stop using the mouthwash and tell your dentist if you get irritation of the mouth, soreness, or swelling of the inside of the cheeks. These effects should go away when treatment is stopped.
Other side effects that may occur:
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the teeth (see How to use). This can normally be removed by brushing. You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine - especially one hour after use, and by brushing daily with toothpaste. If staining continues it can be removed with a scale & polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can clean your dentures with denture cleaner.
You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the mouthwash. This usually goes away with continued use.
If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs, dilute the mouthwash with an equal amount of water.
If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned above, tell your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Use within 3 months of opening.
Macrogolglycerol hydroxystearate may cause skin reactions.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Store below 25°C.
Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v, Glycerol, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sorbitol Liquid (Non-Crystallising), Peppermint Flavour and Purified Water