Germoloids Ointment 55ml
Germoloids Ointment 55ml
£4.99 Save: £1.50 RRP: £6.49
3 sold in the last hour!
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 60g (includes packaging)
Germoloids Ointment is used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal and external haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani).
Germoloid Ointment contains two active substances, zinc oxide and lidocaine:
- Zinc oxide has astringent properties (causes contraction when applied to the skin), which help to shrink swelling. It also helps to soothe and protect the area around the anus from damage and has mild antiseptic properties.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which helps to soothe swelling, pain and irritation and relieve itching.
The ointment base acts as an emollient to help the passing of stools and reduce straining during bowel movement which is bad for haemorrhoids.
There are many suitable products that effectively treat piles, however, because it contains a local anaesthetic, nothing is more effective than Germoloids.
Germoloids has a range of products available which treat the key symptoms of piles.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Before using the ointment for the first time, check that the tube seal is not broken.
Remove the seal by peeling from the tag.
- For external heamorrhoids, apply the ointment directly to the affected area.
- For internal heamorrhoids, screw applicator nozzle into the tube and smear some of the ointment in the outside of the nozzle to ease application. Carefully insert the applicator into the opening of the anus. Gently squeeze the tube whilst slowly withdrawing the nozzle so that the ointment moves gently up the anus.
Replace the cap firmly after use. Always keep the tube of the ointment, cap and nozzle clean.
Apply the ointment into the affected area twice a day with a minimum of 3 to 4 hours between applications. Further applications can be made at any time of the day, and are particularly recommended after a bowel movement.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
This medicine must not be used if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to zinc oxide or lidocaine, or any of the other ingredients in the product (see section 6, Further information).
Before using Germoloids Ointment, see your doctor if you:
- Continually suffer from haemorrhoids or have severe haemorrhoids.
- Experience excessive bleeding.
You may use Germoloids Ointment if you are pregnant or breast-feeding but as with all medicines at this time, you should discuss it with your doctor first.
The ointment contains wool fat and propylene glycol which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. irritation and contact dermititus)
Zinc Oxide 6.6% and Lidocaine Hydrochloride 0.7%, Yellow soft paraffin, Wool fat, Methyl salicylate, Propylene glycol and Menthol.