Choosing where to apply the patch
- Before applying your nicorette invisi patch, choose a completely clean, dry area of hairless skin on the front or side of the chest, upper arm or hip.
- Avoid placing the patch onto any area of skin that is red, cut or irritated.
- Do not apply oil or talcum powder to the skin before putting on the patch as this may prevent it from sticking properly.
- It is important that you do not use the same area on two consecutive days to help avoid irritating that site.
How to apply the patch
- Wash your hands before applying the patch.
- Each nicorette invisi patch comes in a child resistant sachet which can be opened by cutting along the edge with a pair of scissors.
- Remove the patch from its sachet and then peel one part of the silvery aluminium backing away. Avoid touching the sticky surface of the patch with your fingers.
- Carefully apply the sticky part of the patch to the chosen area of skin and then peel off the remaining half of the silvery aluminium backing foil.
- Press the patch firmly onto the skin with your palm or finger tips.
- Run your fingers around the edge to ensure it sticks firmly.
Removing and disposing of the patch
- The patch should be removed before you go to bed as nicorette invisi patch is not designed to be worn when you go to sleep at night or for more than 16 hours each day.
- After removal, the patch should be folded in half, sticky side inwards and placed inside the opened sachet or a piece of aluminium foil.
- The patch should then be disposed of carefully in the household rubbish, out of reach of children and animals.
Dosage and when to use Nicorette Invisipatch
Below is the dosage information for the nicorette invisi patch. This shows the number of patches you should be using, when you should use them and the maximum amount of time you should be using Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) for.
Please read this information carefully and then go to the "How to stop smoking" section (uses tab) which shows you how to give up.
Depending on where you are in your treatment programme, the strength of the patch that you are using may differ. See the "How to stop smoking" section (uses tab) for more information. However all patches are used and applied in the same way.
Children under 12 years
Do not give this product to children under 12 years.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over
- Apply one new patch (of appropriate strength) to the skin when you wake up (usually in the morning).
- Remove 16 hours later which is usually at bed time.
Do not use more than one patch at a time.
- If you lose a patch whilst swimming, bathing or showering you can replace it with another patch.
- Dispose of the patches carefully after you have removed, ensuring they are out of the reach of children and pets.
- Children aged 12 years up to 18 years should not use for longer than 12 weeks in total without asking for help and advice from a doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
- Adults aged 18 years and over should not use for longer than 9 months in total without asking for help and advice from a doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
PLEASE READ ALL PRODUCT PACKAGING AND LABELS PRIOR TO USE.