Sominex Tablets Pack of 16
Sominex Tablets Pack of 16
£3.69 Save: £0.90 RRP: £4.59
- This product is limited to 1 per order, if you wish to order more please contact the pharmacy team/customer services.
- Delivery options for this product have been restricted. More details about the delivery options available will appear if you add this product to your basket.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 75g (includes packaging)
How does it work?
Sominex tablets contain the active ingredient promethazine, which is a type of medicine called a sedating antihistamine.
Promethazine enters the brain in significant quantities and causes drowsiness. It decreases the time taken to fall asleep and increases the depth of sleep. This makes it helpful for the temporary relief of sleeping difficulties, for example if you have difficulty going to sleep or staying asleep because of disturbances to your normal routine.
One tablet should be taken at bedtime or up to an hour after going to bed if you are having difficulty falling asleep.
What is it used for?
Sleep aid for temporary relief of sleeping difficulties (insomnia) in adults.
Adults and children aged over 12 years: Take two tablets at bedtime if needed, or as directed by your doctor.
Do not use this medicine for longer than seven days without seeking medical advice from your doctor.
This medicine may cause drowsiness that can last up to 12 hours. If affected you should not perform potentially hazardous tasks such as driving or operating machinery. You should avoid drinking alcohol when taking this medicine.
This medicine may interfere with some pregnancy tests, causing false negative or false positive results.
If you are due to have any skin prick tests to diagnose allergies you should stop taking this medicine at least 72 hours before the tests. This is because antihistamines can prevent or lessen the skin reactions that indicate an allergy, and so can make the test results unreliable.
Use with caution in
- Elderly people.
- Decreased kidney function.
- Decreased liver function.
- Severe coronary artery disease (heart disease).
- Closed angle glaucoma.
- Blockage of the opening from the stomach into the intestines (pyloro-duodenal obstruction).
- Blockage of the drainage of urine out of the bladder (bladder neck obstruction), for example due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Not to be used in
Children under 16 years of age.
Reduced awareness, slow reactions or extreme drowsiness due to medicines or illness that reduce activity in the central nervous system (CNS depression).
People who have taken a type of medicine called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) in the past 14 days.
Rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption (Sominex tablets contain lactose)