Please note, due to unusually high demand, processing times for Veterinary Prescriptions is currently up to 5 working days.
Royal Mail are currently experiencing resourcing issues affecting deliveries in some areas. Click Here for more details
Wartie Cool Wart & Verruca Remover 50ml
Wartie Cool Wart & Verruca Remover 50ml
£12.25 Save: £1.74 RRP: £13.99
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 100g (includes packaging)
Wartie is an easy to use ‘freeze’ treatment for warts and verrucas, similar to the cryotherapy method used by doctors. Warts and verrucas are small growths of the skin caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV).
Warts often develop on the fingers, or on the back of the hands, knees and elbows. You can recognise the common wart by the rough ‘cauliflower-like’ appearance of the surface. The wart virus, which is very contagious, can be transmitted from person to person or from one body location to another by direct contact with an infected area.
Verrucas are similar to warts but occur only on the sole of the foot or underneath the toes. Generally painful, they often look like a small white ring of skin with black dots in the centre. Verrucas are also contagious and can be transmitted to another person by contact with a wet surface such as a floor.
How does Wartie work?
Wartie precisely freezes the wart or verruca to the core, due to its unique precision tip. The rounded shape of Wartie’s cryo tip allows accurate application limited to the wart or verruca, thereby avoiding the surrounding healthy skin, resulting in a more pain-free application.
When using cryotherapy devices for wart or verruca removal, the area treated may temporarily turn white. After the frozen area thaws, it will then turn red. A blister may form underneath the treated wart or verruca as a result of the freezing process. The wart or verruca will gradually disappear or fall off over the next 10 to 14 days, revealing healthy new skin underneath. One application should be sufficient to successfully remove a wart or verruca. Should a second treatment be necessary please wait 14 days between applications. Allow the metal tip to reach room temperature after each application before reactivating for use on other warts or verrucas - this takes approximately 5 minutes. In some cases, it may help to soak the wart in warm water for a few minutes before using Wartie, in order to help penetrate callused skin that has formed on top of it.
- Targets only the wart or verruca
- No direct contact between gas and skin Precision tip
Place the can upright on a table and lift off the cap.
Put the cap back aligning the freeze icon.
Press cap down for 3 seconds. (DO NOT EXCEED 3 SECONDS). You will now hear the activation sound.
Precisely apply the frozen metal tip on the wart. Wart (hand) for 20 seconds. Wart (foot) 40 seconds.
When you apply the frozen Wartie tip on warts or verrucas, a slight aching sensation may occur as a result of the freezing process. This is normal and should disappear within a few hours. One application should be sufficient to successfully remove a wart or verruca. Should a second treatment be necessary please wait 14 days between applications.
Do not use Wartie:
- On children under the age of 4 years.
- Anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital area.
- On birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
- On areas where your skin is sensitive, inflamed, damaged, cut, grazed, diseased or itchy.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your general practitioner.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Pressurised container: may burst if heated. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces - no smoking. Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50˚C/122˚F. Protect from sunlight. Consult a doctor if you are diabetic or suffer from poor circulation.
If used on children, for safety reasons, it must always be applied by an adult. Do not apply excessive pressure when pushing the applicator on to the wart or verruca. The applicator should be applied for a maximum of 20 sec (wart) / 40 sec (verruca). If being used by more than one person, clean the applicator with alcohol on a small piece of cloth after each application. If there are multiple warts or verrucas close to each other, treat only one at a time.
- As with all cryotherapy devices for wart and verruca removal, the skin may temporarily turn white.
- Carefully follow the indicated application time (20 seconds for warts / 40 seconds for verrucas), in order to avoid local tissue damage.
- Blisters resulting from the treatment of a larger or more persistent wart or verruca can be more uncomfortable.
- After the wart or verruca has come off, de-pigmentation or a small scar may occur.
- Using cryotherapy products for freezing warts may result in minor burn wounds due to the low freezing temperature. If more discomfort is experienced than would be expected, consult your general practitioner.