Spring Bank Holiday and Platinum Jubilee Online Customer Service Opening Times:
Thursday 2nd June: 9am - 12noon
Friday 3rd June: Closed
Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel 6g
£6.29 Save: £0.81 RRP: £7.10
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 150g (includes packaging)
Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel 6g
Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel is a treatment for warts and verrucas.
Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus.
Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough ‘cauliflower-like’ appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with black dots in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred to other parts of the body or from one person to another (see Section 6 for guidance on how this can be avoided).
Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel is suitable for use by adults, the elderly and children aged over 2 years. Children under 12 years should be treated by an adult and treatment of infants under 2 years is not recommended.
The active ingredient in this product is salicylic acid and works by:
- softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board;
- helping to kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas
Only use on warts and verrucas, on sites for which it is recommended.
Before you use this tube of gel for the first time, open it as follows:
- Find a suitable surface, in case of accidental spillage.
- Hold the tube upright, with the cap uppermost and the base resting on a suitable surface.
- Unscrew and remove the combined white and red nozzle/cap assembly from the tube.
- Remove the red collar and dispose of it safely.
- Keep the tube upright for 30 seconds.
Then, without squeezing or over-gripping the tube, and with it still held upright and away from your face:
- replace the white and red nozzle/cap assembly onto the screw thread of the tube (take care to avoid ‘cross-threading’);
- tighten the nozzle/cap assembly firmly to pierce the top of the tube;
- briefly loosen the red cap (to release any slight pressure in the tube) and then retighten.
Please note that once in place, a small gap will remain between the base of the nozzle/cap and the top of the tube.
To use the gel (adults, children and the elderly):
Follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on using the gel in this way until the wart or verruca disappears:
- Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help stop the infection spreading to other people). This towel should be used for the affected area only.
- Taking care to avoid squeezing the tube, remove the protective red cap, leaving the white nozzle attached to the tube.
Stop using this product and tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you experience unacceptable discomfort
- if irritation persists
- any of the side effects get serious.
Do not use Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid or any of the other ingredients of Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel.
- Do not use the gel if you have diabetes or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
- Do not use the gel anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, areas of folded skin, bottom or genital area.
- Do not use for the treatment of corns and calluses.
- Do not use the gel on birthmarks, moles (especially pigmented moles), warts with hairs growing from them, facial warts or any other spots. If you are unsure whether you have a wart or verruca that is suitable for treatment with Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
Apply the gel carefully, to the wart or verruca only, by squeezing the tube very gently:
- take care not to apply the gel to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young children’s delicate skin, because when used incorrectly it may cause irritation or pain;
- do not apply excessive amounts of gel.
- Keep the gel away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and grazes.
- avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions:
- do not fold the tube because this may damage it and make it leak.
The product is volatile and highly flammable.
Do not use it near flames or ignition sources (eg burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
Avoid inhaling the vapour from the gel.
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by any other medicines.
Using this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at; www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel after the expiry date shown on the fold of the tube and on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25°C.
Always replace the cap tightly after use.
The product is highly flammable. Keep it away from flames or ignition sources.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
The active ingredient is salicylic acid 26.0% w/w.
The other ingredients are camphor, povidone, pyroxylin, ethanol, acetone and isopropyl alcohol.