Anadin Original Caplets Pack of 16
Anadin Original Caplets Pack of 16
£1.69 Save: £0.34 RRP: £2.03
- Aspirin products are limited to a total of 100 tablets per order.
This product is typically dispatched within 3-5 working days from date of order and is not suitable for our next day delivery service.
Weight: 175g (includes packaging)
What your medicine is and what it is used for
Each tablet contains: 325 mg of Aspirin BP and 15 mg of Caffeine Ph Eur.
Aspirin belongs to a group of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) that work by relieving pain and reducing inflammation, high temperature and fever. In addition, your medicine contains caffeine, which increases the pain-relieving effect of the product.
Your medicine is for effective relief from: mild to moderate pain including headache, migraine, sharp nerve pain (neuralgia), toothache, sore throat, period pains and aches and pains, symptomatic relief of sprains, strains, rheumatic pain, nerve pain of the lower back or legs (sciatica), lower back pain (lumbago), chronic muscle pain, sometimes with tiredness and skin sensitivity (fibrositis), muscular aches and pains, joint swelling and stiffness, influenza, feverishness and feverish colds.
For oral administration and short term use only
Dosage: Adults, the elderly and young persons aged over 16: The minimum effective dose should be used for the shortest time necessary to relieve symptoms. Take 1 or 2 tablets up to 6 times a day, as required. The tablets should be taken with water. Take only as much as you need to relieve your symptoms and leave at least 4 hours between each dose.
Contains ASPIRIN AND CAFFEINE
Do not give to children under 16 years unless on the advice of a doctor. There is a possible association between aspirin and Reye’s syndrome when given to children. Reye’s syndrome is a very rare disease, which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal. For this reason aspirin should not be given to children aged under 16 years, unless on the advice of a doctor.
Do not take if you:
• are allergic to aspirin or any of the other ingredients listed in this leaflet.
• have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding.
• suffer from haemophilia (your blood does not clot well) or from gout
• are in late stages of pregnancy
• are breast feeding
Take special care and talk to a pharmacist or your doctor before taking this medicine if you:
• suffer from asthma, allergic disease, dehydration, liver or kidney problems or G-6-PD deficiency (an hereditary condition leading to low red blood cell counts).
Do not use this medicine if you are taking medicines that reduce blood clotting (warfarin) or for treatment of gout (sulphinpyrazone).
Talk to your doctor or a pharmacist if you are taking other NSAIDS, steroid hormones (corticosteroids), water tablets, anti-sickness treatments (metoclopramide), treatments for epilepsy (phenytoin, valproate), certain cancer treatments (methotrexate), blood pressure lowering treatments (ACE inhibitors), antacids, treatments for leg pain when walking (cilostazol), mifepristone, treatments for gout (probenecid), treatment of obesity (sibutramine), treatment of some depressive disorders (SSRIs, venlafaxine), and some asthma treatments (zafirlukast).
Do not take more than 12 tablets in any 24 hour period.
Do not give to children aged under 16 years, unless on the advice of a doctor.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take too many tablets contact your doctor or hospital immediately. Bring any remaining tablets with you to show the doctor.
Possible Side Effects: Like all medicines, your medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. You can reduce the chances of experiencing side effects by using the minimum dose required. Side effects may
be more serious in the elderly patients.
If you experience any of the following serious effects STOP taking this medicine immediately and contact your doctor or pharmacist:
• Stomach ulceration or perforation: Symptoms could include severe abdominal pain, vomiting blood (or liquid with what looks like coffee grounds), blood in the faeces (stools/motions) or passing black stools.
• Severe allergic reactions: Symptoms could include difficulty breathing, skin rash or swollen facial features.
• Breathing problems: Wheezing and breathing difficulties may be triggered in patients suffering from or with a previous history of asthma.
Other possible side effects
If any of the side effects gets serious or if you notice any side effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist:
• Occasionally the blood does not clot well, which may result in easy bruising or bleeding.
• High caffeine intake can result in tremor (shaking) and palpitations (uncomfortable feeling in the chest caused by fluttering heartbeat).
• Aspirin may trigger gout in people prone to it.
• Other side effects include indigestion, heartburn, feeling or being sick, changes in skin colour and a runny nose.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date shown on the end of the carton.
Do not store above 25ºC.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
The active substances are Aspirin and Caffeine. Your medicine contains 325 mg of Aspirin BP and 15 mg
of Caffeine Ph Eur. Each tablet also contains: quinine sulphate, microcrystalline cellulose (E460), maize starch, calcium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (E464) and polyethylene glycol.